Thursday, July 5, 2007

It's always Fun when Grandpa and Grandma come!

I was so nervous after I posted my first blog about my mom. She is a warm friendly person but doesn't always like having the attention on her.

Well, she loved it and I'm so relieved! She is one of my best friends and I have been so lucky these past few days to have both my parents visiting me! They are both two of my best friends. It is a very cool thing to have moved into these years where they are still my parents who I admire and respect their advice, but we can chat about things like friends.

My mom and dad are awesome grandparents. My girls fight over who gets to sit by grandpa in the car. My oldest daughter today got all dressed and ready because she wanted to go for a walk with grandpa. (Grandpa doesn't like just sitting still too long) I'm glad she will have a special memory of walking to the store with Grandpa.

I love that my dad is very respectful with my children. He never grabs and tickles and wrestles with them. He asks if he can give them a hug or pick up the little ones. I think that is why they love him so much. They feel safe with him.

My dad is very cool and I need to dedicate an entire blog to him. He is one of the smartest people I know and very educated.

But today I'm just enjoying having a couple of my kids' grandparents around. All our family is on the Mainland and although we love living here the trade-off is being so far away. I'm really grateful they want to come and be with us and are willing to sleep on an air mattress in my blue room (I have had to move my sewing machine into my bedroom. The only real tragedy of company is losing my sewing room!)

Another positive note about my folks' visit: My husband loves them! We ran into his co-workers at the store and they commented on how relaxed he was having his in-laws here. He enjoys being around them. My dad is his snorkeling buddy.

I was really blessed to be born of such good parents who continue to bless the lives of my most favorite people.

2 comments:

Angela said...

This is, "mom" and "grandma" and I just read our daughter's blog. I'm honored at her kind remarks and for the fact that she sees the good in all people, even her parents. She has been a great daughter and "friend" too. If anyone should deal with her professionally, I can testify that she will treat you with fairness and with respect. She's a great and talented person, and I'm glad she's "ours".

Over The Top Aprons said...

What a lovely "tribute" to you mother and father. I just read the comments from your parents and they in turn are so proud of you. And such a blessing to your children to have loving attentive grandparents. You are to be commended and grateful(as I know you are) in having the strength and mutual support of a great family! Corline