Monday, July 16, 2007

Old Friends, New Friends

What a fun weekend I have had !

Saturday morning, I got to meet some other Etsy sellers who live here in Hawaii! There were only a few members of the Hawaii Etsy street team, but I was thrilled to meet them and look forward to meeting others.

Please check out their Etsy stores! Isabella Smiles creates beautiful silver jewelry. They are even more lovely in real life than in her pictures. dmollison makes sock critters like dogs, cats and bunnies. Her sweater kids are especially cute and come in different skin colors. 3Dcranes can supply you with beauiful origami decorations including 3D crane displays for weddings. I've never seen anything like her beautiful bouquets.

We had such a nice time visiting about Etsy and shared ideas about how to get the Etsy name out there around Hawaii.

For more great shopping go to Etsy and enter HI808 in the search. You will find a variety of awesome treasures created here in the Islands. It is my experience that anything created on a tropical island is special because the artist was happy when he/she created it! (How can anyone be sad in Hawaii?)

The rest of Saturday was spent at a fun party and hanging out with good friends. Very relaxing.

Then this afternoon at church I had such a surprise! Our old friends the Kincades were visiting family from Alaska. We haven't seen them in almost 7 years and here they were at church! I didn't know her brother went to church with us! It was like seeing a long last Auntie! I guess it was since once you become close to a family in Hawaii you can become "hanai" or unofficially adopted. This couple was so good to us in Alaska back when we only had 2 tiny babies. I still remember her awesome stir fry! It was like no time had past as we caught up with them. I was thrilled and still am!

I've decided every time I meet someone I should ask where all their relatives are from because chances are we know them from somewhere. It is really a small world, and military and church make it even smaller. We are so blessed to have known such wonderful people in our lives, and to keep meeting such awesome people all the time!

I wish the Kincades all the best and hope to see them again soon! And to all my Etsy friends, keep up with your wonderful creating and I know we will all find success doing what we love.

No comments: