Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dogs or Kids?

A lady in the grocery store check out line started talking to me and when she heard I had four children she decided to tell me how having dogs are much better. This woman was at least 15 years older than me and was past the child bearing age. She was not married and lived alone with her 2 dogs. I don't know her situation in life but she sure felt comfortable judging mine. Because I will never see her again I decided to not get into it with her. However, it is still on my mind so I decided to list some awesome reasons why my kids are cooler than dogs.
  1. They draw me pictures. I usually look very beautiful in them, like a queen. Dogs can't draw.
  2. They write me notes. My oldest gives me fan mail. Again, dogs can't write.
  3. Mother's Day. More cards and pictures and breakfast. They perform shows and sing and dance. I guess a dog can be trained to dance, but I think they would stink at karaoke.
  4. Children at a certain age, don't need you to bathe them anymore.
  5. Children also at a certain age can clean up their own doody (I never say that word but it seems to go well here.)
  6. My children help me in my business by turning bibs right side out. We visit and listen to music while we do it. The paw thing prevents that.
  7. My older children help clean up and set the table. They also run laundry. They have opinions and actually make sense most of the time.
  8. My babies give snuggles and smell sweet. None of my children has ever licked their own hiney (Not that they haven't tried though, according to the 7 year old)
  9. I can take my daughters in to have their nails done at the same place I go. The dogs wait outside on a leash. (I have leashed a daughter once but she was still allowed in the store)
  10. My children love me and call me mommy. We read together and talk about what they want to be when they grow up and stories when they were little. My round face baby boy thinks I'm his best girl. I will watch them grow into adults. They won't always please me or make me proud and may even embarass me at times. But they are mine. They are little humans who will grow into big humans. And I love humans!

This isn't a dog bashing blog or a people without kids bashing blog. It's an "I love my Kids!" blog and I don't want anyone to tell me there could be something better than being their mom. I know nothing could even come close.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Amen! Animals can be comforting but children are a blessing!

Boutique Pink Designs said...

Oh I totally agree with you! I love animals epecially cats and horses. But I have 4 kids too and I wouldn't trade them for the world. Ok, maybe except when they frustrate me and I threaten to take them to the zoo and trade them in for a monkey lol! Great blog and nice to have "met" you. I'm on Etsy too! Julie

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

lovely list. I am a cat parent to two kitties, but IMHO nothing beats being a mommy to my baby girl and toddler boy.

though it was rather nice back when i could leave for the weekend and leave the "kitty kids" at home with extra food and water. LOL!

Autumn Daisy Studio said...

Geesh! It's one thing to *think* that dogs are better. It's a total other thing to try to convince a mother of four that you don't even know that that is the truth. Some people just don't think!