I didn't post all week. I even missed Food Friday!
I went to church girl's camp as a leader of teenage girls last week. It is so beautiful in Hawaii and camping in Hawaii is especially wonderful. It is so warm and beautiful. I got to watch the sunrise over the ocewan while I brushed my teeth. So I'm back from camping but haven't sewn anything or even cleaned my house.
Saturday morning at about 1:30 AM my husband went to WalMart and bought me book 7 of Harry Potter. I spent most of Saturday running errands and doing things with the kids and of course Sunday was church. But most of my other hours including most of today have been spent reading. I'm on chapter 26 and can hardly pull myself away from it. It is the most action packed book so far and with so many incredible adventured I can only imagine what the climax will bring.
Oh Harry, my love! You are such a hero! Who would have thought a book series could dominate our culture like this. JK Rowling absolutely deserves to be a billionaire. There are so many twists and turns and "A-Ha! I remeber that from book 2 (or 5 or 1 or 6...you name it. You gotta pay attention in these books!)
There's a lot of talk about how these books have helped inspire kids to read but it has brought me back to reading. I was a huge reader as a kid and always enjoyed fantasy. But I don't think anything ever captured my imagination like Harry Potter. I am a huge fan!
I am trying to stay off the net until I finish because I don't want the ending ruined. I am also trying not to rush through it because that will be the end! Nothing else to look forward to. Well, except for more sewing and fabric shopping. I have awesome ideas for my next projects.
For now my heart belongs to Harry...
If you comment, don't you dare give anything away. I may have to add some charms and jinxes to this post for protection. heehee
2 comments:
Wow, I would LOVE to camp in Hawaii! Whoo-hoo for Harry Potter... glad you are enjoying it. I'm a book behind, so *sticks fingers in ears* LALALALA I can't hear you! :-)
I agree -- JK Rowling has done the world a service. It does this ol' English teacher's heart good to see so many kids reading!
I finished it at about midnight last night... but I won't give anything away, promise!
Post a Comment