Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Cute little customer


I stitched up this blanket a few months ago and sold its twin. I sold this one last week to a very special customer along with the matching bib.


It is a very high quality batik in pink yellow and orange with cute little flowery slippers (that's flip-flops outside of Hawaii) Its backed in super fluffy microfleece and bound in orange satin. When I created it I was going for sensory overload for a little one. The cotton is super rich and smooth and contrasts beautifully with fluffy and silky.


Sure enough this little princess took it to it right away! I'm so excited! Isn't she beautful? I'm so glad her mom sent this to me because that is the best part I miss out on. I love seeing how the new owners are enjoying my items. It completes my whole creative process.


My motto or whatever you want to call it has been "Thoughtfully created for those you love". That's because everytime I sit in my little room sewing I am thinking of what someone is going to like whether I am making it to give as a gift to my own loved one or a special order or to sell at a craft fair or on etsy to someone I will never meet in person.
I almost forgot to mention the bib! The same batik is backed in yellow wavy striped chenille. I still have this bib on its own and the bundle with burpcloth for sale on etsy. This customer bought the bib for herself and the bundle for a friend. What a nice lady! I don't want to toot my own horn but she gave a great review of my bibs on my etsy feedback. It is my own pattern so it means so much that other people love them too!


If you have ever bought or received an item from AMKstitches send me a pic of you with it please! It totally warms my heart to create for you!

5 comments:

Over The Top Aprons said...

What a nice response from your customer to send the picture. The colors are gorgeous ... beautiful work!

Over The Top Aprons said...

I forgot to comment that I just added you to my link.

Toni said...

I love batiks and this set really looks great!

Autumn Daisy Studio said...

That is just darling!!!

Toni said...

angela, there is a link to my flickr on my blog, did you try that one? I have been quilting for about 5 years. I usually quilt on my Juki although my Pfaff quilts beautifully. I have only used it once to quilt.
Toni