THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the 6 weird things about yourself. People who get tagged need to write on their own blog their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
I'll think of my 6 things then I better think of who to tag. Hmmm
1. I love to sing. I don't know if I'm that good but I love it and used to teach kids to sing and dance. That's not too weird, but what most people don't know about me is that I would love to be a lounge singer. I want to wear a sexy beaded dress and sing with a piano while people eat and drink at tables around me. I've even practiced and think I would be very good at this. "Oh thank you, thank you. You are a great audience!"
2.I'm very particular when I'm sleeping. I like it cold but like lots of blankets but not too heavy. I don't want to be touched when I'm sleeping and I HATE to have my rough feet scrape the sheets and they do even with high thread count. ( I have rough feet. I never wear socks. Does that count as a w
eird thing?) So I usually wash them and lotion up before I go to bed. I also love to hug very fluffy pillows.
3 I have a fat foot. It is very annoying. During my first pregnancy my feet swelled and my left foot never went down. I call it my fat foot but it's not grotesque and usually people don't notice. But sitting or standing too long swells me up and is painful and annoying. Which is another reason I don't wear socks. I can usually only fit comfortably in sandals or flip-flops (slippers in Hawaii) The drs say it is probably nerve or circulation damage and they don't know what to do about it yet. I have to go back in and get it checked. Meanwhile it just ticks me off that my left shoe is usually very tight and my ankle is ...well...fat. Hmmm... I am a little embarassed to discuss my fat foot, but oh well! It actually looks very normal today. I am putting a
picture in here of it so noone thinks I have elephantitis or something. One foot is bigger than the other and it's been that way since 1o years ago last month.
Number four ought to be that I just posted pics of my feet on the internet!
4. But I will be fair and share that I love cookbooks and collect them. I love food and I love to cook so reading about food makes sense. My husband usually gets me a cookbook or 2 for Christmas every year and I buy them for myself often. He even got me an extra big glass cabinet to keep them in. I like to take a cookbook to bed and read it. I heard my grandma used to read cookbooks ,too. I like to read a new one cover to cover. I am surprised to see that some people only own a few cookbooks. There is so much to learn and discover in good cookbooks.
5. I love ABBA. I love lots of music groups but ABBA is a favorite. Not my MOST favorite probably but I like them alot. My parents listened to ABBA so I think I associate happy memories and comfort with them.
6. I don't think this last thing is that weird but some people think it is. I am into childbirth and chose to have my 4 children with no pain killers. A lot of women do this and survive so it is not very weird. I take child birth very seriously and enjoy accompanying women during their births. I have been at several births and helped coach friends of mine and lend support. I am not a certified doula but would love to be and have looked into the certification. I have been so busy with my children and businesses and not always knowing when the Army will take my husband away. So for now I just try to let people know if they are interested in having some extra support at their birth I will be there. I believe it should be the best for the mother and father (if he's available) and he shouldn't have to leave her side. My focus is that little family and I think I am pretty good at it.
Well, those are my 6 weird things. What do you think? Now who will I tag?
Whew! I'm tired now! But I found some new blogs!
7 comments:
I like ABBA too and my family says this makes me VERY wierd.
Tara, OUR TARA? Have you been reading my blog? How the heck are ya? I'll go check yours, too!
oh, i'm a cookbook reader and collector too!
that's too funny about your feet. (not ha ha funny, but i did LOL when you said posting a pic of your feet should count as a weird thing.)
my doula was a huge lifesaver. even though i ended up having an emergency csection with both my kids, after making the natural birth effort for both. doulas are awesome!!!
Hi Angela,
Thanks or tagging me! I am having major problems with my blog, I don't know when I will be able to tell you 6 weird things about me.
Have a wonderful day!
Me? 6 weird things? Now, I really need to think hard! Kidding...
This is SPOOKY! You see, I have a fat foot too! AND....it's my LEFT ONE! My right one also swells when I've been on my feet too much, but the left one is ALWAYS BIGGER! AND...it started with my first pregnancy. I have very obvious circulation problems (varicose veins!) but the doctors still can't tell my why I swell up so much! During pregnancy, my ankles are the size of my knees!!!
It's nice to be able to know a little about you and I LOVE your blog!
I'm into childbirth, too, so it can't be that weird, right? No meds with either, the last was a magical homebirth. I've thought about doula certification when our girls are older- I would love to support other moms.
Post a Comment