Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Sewing, prizes and desserts!

Who could ask for anything more?


Today I went to a Viking seminar at the sewing machine dealer. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was all better than I hoped. I learned some great new techniques and was really pleased that most of the demonstration was done on my machine. I learned some things I didn't know about it (Like it has a needle garage! Who knew?!)



I came with questions and took notes. I am in the middle of 2 heirloom sewing projects so I was thrilled beyond words when the instructor revealed she is a Martha Pullen Certified Instructor. I got to pick her brain afterward and get some awesome tips! She was so kind and I will be contacting her again for questions.




There was a door prize drawing and I had this feeling they would pull my name... and they did! I won this cool scissor set which is even cooler because I was going to price new scissors today! They cost $40 a Joann's online. Score! Could it get any better?



Alas, it did! Chocolate cake! They served moist chocolate cake! It was like a dream! Only in my dreams I am thinner and have good hair. Oh well! You can't have everything. But today came pretty close!


And I have to shout out to my good friend Gina for watching my kids and my sweet husband for making dinner while I type this.

1 comment:

Autumn Daisy Studio said...

What a fabulous time you had! And, congrats on winning the scissors. I, sadly, never win anything -- I don't get it, but it is true.