1. Hawaii. That is pretty much all I have to say. I think I love everything about Hawaii. The weather, ocean, mountains, food, flowers, people, Aloha! I LOVE Hawaii and I get to live here.
2. My husband. I really love him and I know he loves me. He makes me laugh. I miss him, but I can also say I am grateful I don't have to wash and sort his socks. I hate sorting socks.
3. My parents and sister. They are my best friends after my husband and I love to call and chat with them. I am grateful that I have been able to go there and visit often this last year.
4. My in-laws. Not a lot of people can say they love their inlaws, but I sure do. They are wonderful, hardworking, loving people and they raised a great boy who turned into a great husband. Thanks.
5. My great kids. OK, so I just yelled at them and sent them all to bed, but they are really awesome kids. I could gush about each of them right now but I won't. I will just say that they are such great kids that I am extra ticked offf when they don't mind me because they are so great I have really high expectaions and know they can do better. I am so grateful to be their mom.
6. Good friends. I am really lucky to have nice friends here in Hawaii who help me and make me laugh and extra blessed that I have friends who have lasted for years and haven't tired of me yet.
7. My sewing machine, my sewing room and my sewing talent. My sewing machine and sewing room I owe to that sweet husband of mine. He has helped me set it up to be the perfect space to work and doesn't complain when I buy more fabric. The sewing talent I believe I was blessed with, my mom taught me and I have practiced hard to improve it. I am grateful that I can sew because it helps relax me, challenge me, validate me. I used to wish I was born with artistic talent but I have learned in the last couple years as I have been designing , that you don't just have to be a painter or sculptor to be an artist. It has really opened my eyes and I have met wonderful people because of it.
8. Being an American. I have lived outside the US and have friends from other countries. People say alot about our country and even I rip on the government plenty. But I am always so proud and glad that I was born here and enjoy the freedoms I have. It is a wonderful beautiful and diverse country both in the land and the people. I am really proud that my husband is serving our country and that our fathers and grandfathers served our country in the military, most of them fighting overseas in war. I am so happy to raise my children here.
9. My health. I have dealt with various problems over the years and take a slew of pills every morning but I have been blessed with comparatively good health. I am still young and I appreciate that so far, I am OK.
10. Chips and Icy Cold Diet Coke. Sometimes it is hard to remember all the good things in life. And when those days come, I can always count on my best friends. I will take the Coke without the chips, but chips make it even better. If I keep up this habit, I may not be enjoying good health forever, but my mental state quickly improves. There are many worse addictions than this, and it is cheaper than another addiction I have, buying fabric.
So there are a few things I am grateful for and I feel a lot better now. I know that all the wonderful blessings I enjoy come from the Lord and He brinsg me peace.
So what is with the onesie in the picture? It makes me laugh. Poop is funny and as a mom of 4 I have dealt with ALOT of poop. And poop is funny. And gross. And I am happy I could make that onesie on my sewing machine, which I am grateful I own.
5 comments:
Keep up the right perspective angie. I am always thinking baout you. CAll anytime. Hang in there only these 3 months . Keep a good stock of diet coke. Love ya
I hope I made the good friends list! You know I will always bring you a diet coke!!!!
Hey, atleast people still ask "how ya doin'"! ha! I love your honesty, Angie. You are such a refreshing person. I wish we were on the same island too! I think of you often and admire all that you endure. Earl asked me recently if you ever had a pattern you want him to cut out for you in plexiglas. Maybe your bibs? Let us know. Hang in there and keep blogging. You would be surprised if you knew the lives you touch that you never see.
love you angie- thanks for the reminder to be grateful1
Hey, hang in there, your a great example of how to keep a good persepctive when the going gets tough, way to try and stay posotive!....AND I love the onesie, one of my favs!
Post a Comment