Saturday, September 20, 2008

BDU Purse

My friend Connie made a special request for a bag made from her husband's BDUs (which are no longer used by the Army) and copy a Vera Bradley bag she owns and really likes. This was a real challenge but very fun! No problem copying Vera Bradley, because after making this, I saw that my daughter has 2 little girl's purses the exact same style. So who does Vera Bradley copy? HMMMM.....

Connie chose her favorite brown and pink print, I monogrammed her initials in pink and trimmed it in pink binding. I had a difficulty with the pockets on the end. I am a real perfectionist and was upset that this purse was not "perfect" But did Connie love it?


Yes, she really does love her purse. I think she doesn't like her picture taken though. It looks so cute on her and I think I need one for me too! It's such a cute small size and fits under the arm so well!It has a removable stiff insert and pockets inside with bias bound trim.
Connie makes awesome hand stencilled signs. She what she does at http://www.tdwives.com/

2 comments:

Ashley said...

You are so great! Vera would be proud!!! I wish I had your talent!

Leann I Am said...

I cannot imagine being able to just MAKE A PURSE! Actually, I have knitted and felted a purse, but sewing one together just seems like it would be so complicated!

You have a lot of talent, along with admiration from me! Why do you have to live so far away?