Friday, September 26, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Pretty Gross

So I was feeling nostalgic and flipping through old pictures on my computer and feeling guilty for not scrapbooking and recording memories. So I thought I would share a few and I hope that my husband will look at this because he will get a kick out of it. Some things are not the greatest memories but we still remember them.

When Lee came home from Afghanistan we went on a huge family vacation and took the kids to Disneyland! I love looking at the pictures because I was so happy to be there with Lee and have him home and we could do whatever we wanted. I love a man taking care of his kids and Lee carried little Lydia all over as we waited in long lines. She was SO cute!
I love this picture of us with Mickey because I had lost all this weight when Lee was in Afghanistan. He came home and I got pregnant right away. So I am pregnant in this picture but I am still a Babe! If I was president I'd be Babe-raham Lincoln!

The girls each posed by the letters that start their names at California Adventure Park. I thought I would blow them up to hang in their rooms but I probably won't because 3 years have already gone by and it isn't in my brain. The plan was also to make a cute scrapbook page.OH well!
Now below you see a gross picture. I decided not to include the close up. This is my old stroller the day after the baby crapped all over it in the NEX and it is covered with flies. The funny thing was I was there to buy a new stroller! A very nice lady happened to be in the baby dept with me and helped me out. When I write my book I will include details of the horrible experience that I can laugh about now.
Yes, a hole in my child's tooth. Not the first child of mine to have a hole and the dentist thinks they came out with weird weak teeth. I know her big sister had a tooth that didn't even have the enamel formed all the way. This was intriguing to me see the decay so I took a pictuire for Lee to see. She has a silver tooth now which she LOVES (?) I was just reading another news story about all the children with rotten teeth who do not have adequate care to fix them! It really makes me mad because it is not all about bottle rot and poor parenting! Kids can have bad teeth and it should be easier to get them fixed! I am really grateful we have a good dental program and the best pediatric dentist ever! I wish I was a kid so I coudl go to Dr Ching!
Isn't she cute? Angel Amelia at about 18 months old! She was always so happy!
Beautiful Charlotte on her blessing day! All 3 girls wore this dress that my mother made out of the fabric she made my wedding dress from! It is such a sweet dress and my baby Charlotte was such a pretty baby! The blanket she is lying on was my blanket and there are pictures of me lying on it on my blessing day!
WooWoo! La'akea in her coconut bra. I don't like putting pictures of the kids on here like bath or swimsuit pics, but this one just cracks me up! She is sitting on a giant stuffed turtle!

Henry Boy just biffed it in the water at the beach and I grabbed him in time. I was taking his picture anway so I got a shot of it.
This is a mushroom that looks like a bum. The girls thought it was so awesome so I had to take a picture! Maybe I shoudl have tried to sell it on eBay!
I just love these chubby cheeks! His head was so round!
This was so long ago and I am trying to remember what she was doing. She had all the drawers open and was wearing the hot mitts as you can see, and she has a container of coolwhip on the floor. When I look closely I see what looks like coolwhip on the counters too. Was she throwing coolwhip? I can't remember. But it shows I can stay relaxed and take her picture when she is making a big mess.
When you have 3 big sisters, they are bound to dress you up sometimes. This one isn't too bad because he is definitely a little angel baby.
Life gives you all kinds of things. Some days are hugely wonderful like Disneyland and new babies! But diarhea in the dept store and rotten teeth and big messes and vomit everywhere and fill in the blank here with whatever you can think of that fills your days with stressfulness (is that a word?) But in the end, it is all good.

4 comments:

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

What great pictures... there's so much cuteness going on, I can hardly even begin to pick a favorite. If I aboslutely *had* to, it would be the Cool Whip picture, just because I could totally see my kids doing that. And I love the oven mitts. Too funny!

Thanks for sharing, and letting me go down memory lane with you!

Frank & Moana said...

What wonderful memories! Cute, cute kids. Yes, "stressfulness" MUST be a word...its how we describe our day..."full of stressfulness." LOL

Our Ohana said...

Great post - that was fun to read about! I love cruising through old pictures and memories! I especially love how the gross, nightmare situations are always much more fun to look at when a significant amount of time has passed!
You are awesome!
Sara xx

Lopez7 said...

Angie, You do look HOT in that oic! I love your hair that length!