This morning I happened to be reading through old convos on Etsy (that's conversations, messages) as I was deleting some. I came across messages between myself and another Hawaii Etsy seller whose husband was deployed with the same unit as mine from 2007- 2009. This was a 15 month deployment. My friends asked how the kids and I were doing. In Feb 2008, almost 3 months into the deployment this is what I said:
"Whew! Life has taken me out with a 2X4. Wham! I was sick with stomach flu and each of my kids. I am up in the middle of the night now because Charlotte started puking. I had a dead car battery, Charlotte broke her arm, Henry is being evaluated for delays, Amelia is in trouble in school. We had a birthday party for Henry and Lydia (they share a birthday, the 16th)Henry is back and forth figuring out allergies and stuff. Lydia is on a 6 week medicine treatment for a skin condition. I have started using the CDC for free hourly care so that is cool. Lee may have to take his leave next month and I am sick about that. I don't want him to come home yet. And if he doesn't my mom won't come visit with her sister. It is really bad timing. Sheesh! As I am writing, Henry's waking up crying! I see I will not get much sleep again tonight."
I didn't want Lee to take his leave then because then we would have almost a year apart and it wouldn't break up the time. It's funny to me that I included that part in with broken arms and the rest. I wonder what Amelia's trouble in school was. A month after this, Henry started Early Intervention and by summer he had a diagnosis of Autism. We still fight with his allergies and Lydia's poor sensitive skin. These kids were all diagnosed later in the deployment with CVC, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. We did have the flu in our home a few times but these children would puke so often it was almost funny. Vomit, then fine. I teased that they were allergic to their dad being gone but the doctor confirmed that in fact, they were!
In our first deployment, Amelia broke her arm falling off a trampoline and the 2nd deployment Charlotte broke her arm falling in her heelies. I really pray that we won't be 3 for 3 this time around.
And I have that expensive therapy to carry me through.
5 comments:
Sorry to hear that Lee is deploying, again. I could say at least your close to family this time, but that still doesn't hide the fact that your husband is gone. As Army wives we are told to put on our big girl panties and deal with it, this has always been my motto during deployments, which we have also endured two.
But on the good side, we are in the same time frame block for Stake Conference on Sunday. Hopefully we can spot each other.
Sending lots of love and prayers your way. Cherish the Memories.
You are a champ and most definitely not a wimp!
Hi Angie, I enjoy reading your blog. It's fun to see your beautiful creations. I obviously don't comment much, but I couldn't help it this time. I can't believe Lee has to deploy again. I don't know how you do it. You are a strong woman.
Cherise, I hope we will see you! We need to get together and do lunch!
Thanks for your sweet words everyone.
Stacy, I will need to do some fabric shopping when I feel blue. Ya with me?
Sarah! Where have you been? Update your blog or facebook so I can see your cute babies! Are you in Utah still?
Yes we are in Utah, living with my parents. I'll try and get something newer posted. Obviously I'm not too good at keeping up on those kinds of things.
Post a Comment