Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blush and Bashful

It's PINK and PINK! Remember that line from Steel Magnolias when Julia Roberts said her wedding colors were blush and bashful? That kept coming into my mind when I made this bag.

My daughter Charlotte talked me up to her 1st grade teacher who ended up ordering many items from me and still does! And I don't mind because I love to sew and the 1st grade teacher has challenged me and I love sewing for her!

"My mom sews! She has a website!" She's one of my biggest fans.

Charlotte did it again with her 5th grade teacher who also happened to see a purse I was carrying that I made. This teacher LOVES pink! I mean LOVES it! She is very girly and I love pink too but this woman LOVES pink.
She told me she wanted a large bag and we talked about the features she wanted and I sent fabric samples to school with Charlotte. She picked every pink sample I sent. She only had a few requests and I went with it. This is the girliest sweetest bag I have ever made. It almost makes my teeth hurt and I worried it was too over the top and the teacher wouldn't like it. Glad I was wrong. She loved it.


It has about 7 different fabrics, custom piping and an adorable pleated ruffle. Inside there is a water bottle pocket, pen pockets, stiff bottom, magnet snap and a key hooky claspy fobby thing.


It reminds me of Valentine's day. It came out so nicely and I kept admiring my own workmanship and thinking I should be charging more! But even better was seeing her sweet teacher so excited for her bag which was a birthday present for herself! That's how we should all treat ourselves. Get what you really love!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't consider myself a big fan of pink or a very girlie-girl, but I looked at that and thought "I want it!" You've seriously perfected the art of bag making, my dear sister.

Angela said...

Thankyou, my dear sister. I thought the same thing! I need to make it in blue or something and I will carry it. Are you still wanting another bag?