
So my Swedish Weave friends and I decided we would all work on a throw with the same yarns since we all liked them so much. Two of the yarns are identical: solid coral and the rust used for these diamonds. But I couldn't find the same 3rd yarn so we each have different. Daria and Shelly each have a variegated yarn. Shelly's is lighter and Daria's is darker going to almost a greenish brown. Mine is a very full fluffy yarn which at first wouldn't go through my needle or monk's cloth very well. I figured out the trick and I am thrilled with the extra dimension these thick heavy threads give the design. Daria and I are also using the same pattern so it is cool to see the difference the colors make.
I am halfway done with mine. (they are kind of slow)
But another cool thing is Daria coined a new term for it that is much easier to say. "Sweave"
That's what we do. We sweave. So how do you like my sweaving on this one? I want to finish it so I can work on one in Spring colors. It is so relaxing to sit and do this while watching TV and is easy to take places since you don't have to follow a strict pattern.
A friend asked if I learned this on YouTube. I learned this from Daria. But I bet it is on YouTube and I have bought a couple books since then.
It is EASY! So easy it is embarassing. But that is whay I am able to finish it so quickly and get so much satisfaction.
So try Sweaving!
4 comments:
looks beautiful:) i really want to learn how to knit but maybe i'll try this first
Yes try this! It's so fun and frustration free!
hi - thanks for your lovely comment on my blog about YW camp. Nice to know people all the way on the other side of the world are reading about it.
This looks like a lot of fun and so beautiful!
Post a Comment