Saturday, May 1, 2010

April was very Blue

You may have seen a couple posts ago I showed sneak peeks of a little blue heirloom dress I made. Well, I wish I had been considered for this month's issue of Sew Beautiful magazine! My whole month of sewing was full of blue items! Here are some!
(One day I do plan to be featured in Sew Beautiful magazine. It's just a matter of time...)
One of my favorite Aloha prints became a lovely personalized minky blanket with matching bib and burpcloth. All wrapped in tulle and blue ribbon, it was a perfect present for a precious baby boy!
These are backed in cream chenille. It really sucks up the yucky stuff better than minky.

Here are my ward Young Women at their first volleyball game. Do you like the shirts? Me too!

Nothing fancy, just Old Navy T's and they got to pick their jersey names and numbers. After seeing the other teams, we really look sharp! Why does "Tiger" have an applique? Because I turned away from the machine and it chewed up the shirt and got a hole when I picked it out! AAHHH!!! So I added the hearts. I actually really like it and kind of wish they all had some lovin' on there!

To complete my blue theme this month, I also had an order to sew patches on a State Patrol uniform and it was....BLUE!!! It came out very nice (Patches are not my favorite thing to sew. But it was a challenge) I should have taken a picture of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still want to see the whole heirloom dress!