Wednesday, May 5, 2010

More Blue - My Room!

Remember back when I lived in Hawaii and had a Blue Room in which I sewed lovely things? And I told you I had a new Blue Room and would show it one day? Well here it is! Above, you see the same shelves and pictures I had in Hawaii only I also stuck cute ribbon to the edges of the shelves. I have to rearrange this because I need to add books. I bought some more magazine holders. The Blue wall color was chosen to match my ice blue Nintendo DS! I love it. Very soothing and stimulating!
This is out the sliding door to the lanai. This was taken a couple months ago on a nice sunny day when there were still no leaves on the trees. I like looking out there and soon I will be able to watch the kids play on the play ground we (Lee) are building! To the left is the computer desk, to the right is a basket full of stabilizer and interfacing.

Here I am sitting in the computer chair looking toward the sewing part. I was unhappy when Lee brought this huge heavy desk home from the Army and then I became happy when I claimed it as my new sewing desk! It would be nicer if it was cleaned off though. Some things are the same as my old Blue Room. Plastic drawers holding cotton prints, solids and interfacing. Peg board, thread racks. I still have my Dressmaking sign made by TDwives
and I covered some canvas frames with funky sewing cartoon fabric. On top of the fabric drawers are cute fabric covered boxes holding my patterns and I was so happy I found a matching ironing board cover with them! Can't remember if they were from Marshall's or Ross but a score anywhere!

Nice high celing and light in here. I replaced my light bulbs with Ott bulbs. I think I like them. My cutting table is the same only I made a cute skirt for it with thread spool fabric on the bottom and ric rac. It hides storage beneath. It is a brighter more open room than before and closer to the rest of the family. But this also means they come in and get into stuff ALOT MORE. And the family computer is in there too. But I am not complaining. This room is scrumptious and yummy and delicious. I just bought some more organizing things. Alot of stuff is out in the garage. And we would like to get some Ikea cabinets and have storage go further up in here. It is always a mess. And one day we will have French doors on this room. There is currently a curtain in the doorway. No big deal.



And for something light:


Our son, Henry, is obsessed with Mario Bros, Mickey Mouse, You Tube, hmm... is that all?


He goes through stages where that is all he wants to do. I know two other boys who are on the autism spectrum and use You Tube as a way to feed these obsessions. I don't know if I should curse YouTube or love it more! When he needs a way to bring him down, You Tube is perfect. But when we need to turn it off, well...


He went through a Gummy Bear stage. Have you seen and heard the gummy bear song on you tube? Some of you may know that Henry is also very into letters and learned to read on his own. Spelling goes right along with this. We discovered this on the fridge one day. We are often finding interesting things he spells out. He likes to get onto YouTube on his own and enter stuff. This is one of his favorites. You can watch it but I'm not recommending that it is great or anything.
Henry is great. And so is my Blue Room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lee showed my kids the gummy bear clips on You Tube. They loved them. I was sick of it after watching it once. In fact, my kids have been singing a song from the "Muppet Show" all day and I want to ring their necks! Dang catchy songs!