Thursday, March 25, 2010

I have a Cricut and I know how to use it


Well, I'm learning to use it. Lee gave me the Cricut Expression for Christmas. I was a little "Huh?" I'd been curious about them at the after Thanksgiving sales and actually put one in my cart at Walmart and then took it out with a "What am I thinking?" I don't even scrapbook anymore. What will I do with a Cricut? Well cut stuff out apparently. I have made really cute banners with girl's names on them for my daughter and the young women at church. I also made a "Be Strong and Courageous" banner for New Beginnings (remember the theme I told you about?") I made oval noses for Pin the Nose on Mickey for my little one's birthday last month. I cut out tons of hearts and shapes for the girls to make valentines.
And then I practiced with vinyl for this headboard area in the pink room where a girl sleeps and guests sleep. I think I will add a few more small flowers. The girls love it. The pink and brown bedroom is fun.
So yes, I like my Cricut. I really want to try to cut stencils to etch glass.
But I am most excitedd to try... Are you ready?...I had no idea before ...
This is so cool...
Ok I'll tell you...
FABRIC!
I found a tutorial on Youtube and I am sold! I can cut appliques! How rad is that!? Why didn't someone tell me sooner? So yes I will be cutting fabric with the cricut and we will see what happens!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited to see how that fabric thing turns out. And I'm still thinking about the fun that could emerge from that "Flynn" quilting system from Puyallup... Yelm isn't close enough to Ellensburg.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I had no idea you could cut anything besides paper with a Cricut. Thanks for sharing your lovely wall decorations. Now I definitely NEED a Cricut:)