Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's on my mind?

Facebook asks "what's on your mind?" Lately, lots of sewing, tons of wondrous sewing! Happy things are on my mind. And my family and other stuff. Like all my kids are in school now. Look at this cute little boy getting on the short bus. And can you even say "short bus" without smiling? And can you look at Mt Rainier without smiling and oohing and ahhing at the beauty of the world?
We rearranged the blue room and cute little Lydia found her own little ironing spot. She is convinced that this mini crafting iron and pant leg ironing board were made for her. She gathered up some of her shirts and a blanket and ironed away because she wants to be just like mom. That is a real iron, by the way; it just looks like a toy. A pink mini iron! That is a happy thing! The end of summer brings the incredible bloom of these black-eyed susans! I don't want summer to end but my front flower bed, looks fantastic!
I have a new niece! My baby brother had his first baby last month. Little Evelyn is sweet and tiny and so loved by the entire family. It's been awhile since we had a little baby around. I was fortunate to be the doula at her birth and my sweet sister in-law worked so hard. And last week I was fortunate enough to sew her beautiful blessing gown and see her blessed by my brother. I will be showing pictures of that lovely dress later.

Project Runway is on again and I am still in love with Tim Gunn. He is the whole reason for the show. I only watch it online and then I get to watch the extra videos like Under the Gunn where Tim interviews the exiting designers. I am disappointed in the judges, but oh well. I love Tim and I love this show. And on a very bittersweet note, I loved and lost a little cat. I have not been an animal lover for most of life. But I had a terrible mouse problem and some friends needed to find homes for their kittens. Even after I agreed to take this cat, named Apollo, I was worried and sick and thinking what have I done?! I don't do animals! Well, I met him and I loved him and he loved me. A week later he followed some neighbor girls home after they stopped by the house and we haven't seen him since. I cried and we looked for him. I didn't want another cat for awhile. But now I think I can love again and actually like animals. I have been thinking I might need a dog if I got a fence. But animals inside the house? No I haven't gotten to that point and I don't plan to.

I am trying to edit more photos and show more of my sewing and will do that soon. I have been selling on Etsy this last week which has been fun again. I will be listing more stuff soon as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie! Love seeing all the pictures. Just my two cents on how to keep cats around - we've "lost" plenty out here. Get them as just weened kitten and then keep them in some kind of closed housing situation for a few weeks. (A kennel at first, especially a larger kennel. Then maybe the garage. Then only let them go out supervised. Then unsupervised but locked up at night. Etc.) It's a pain to do this. But otherwise they don't really know what HOME is. Cats are THE best for mice/rodents. Believe me. We've tried EVERYTHING. Now we have 5 cats and I'll probably get more next year.

One more thing I highly recommend is to get two kittens (from the same litter) at the same time. They play together, sleep together, keep each other company, call out to each other when one is gone to far, etc. It may seem like a lot to have two cats, but I'm SO glad we got two this past spring. They are great together!! It was so much easier on me to raise two cats together at the same time.

Take care.
Tara