Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Portabello Pixie Love

I've been checking out my external hard drive and found tons of pictures I'd forgotten about! Here is a cute little dress I sewed for a friend's daughter a while back. This was done with a Portabello Pixie pattern called Claire. If you are a sewer, try out these patterns. I haven't been disappointed yet! I own a few of these patterns and if you are used to JoAnn fabric sales where you get 10 patterns for 10 bucks, these will seem very pricey to you. But like so many things in life, you get what you pay for!

These patterns have full color step by step instructions which make them awesome for beginners. What I love the most, is that each pattern has more than one design in it. The bag pattern has 2 bags. This dress pattern has 4 dresses. Totally worth the price! And they are clothes and accessories you will enjoy making and using. The maker of these patterns,Sandi Henderson also has a line of fabric by Michael Miller and I love all of her designs!
The fabric I used is by Alexander Henry I believe. I didn't buy it there but it has been available at Joann's. These bright blooms really fit this spunky girl's personality.
The dress is simply a peasant style with attached apron; not super complicated, but super cute!

I cut out the giant blooms and machine applique'd them to the apron then trimmed it in bias tape I made. I want to do this one again; there are just so many great patterns and fabric and so little time!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

what a cute model you have for that dress. She looks so little. You are a great seamstress angie

Angela said...

She is adorable. I miss this little girl!