Here's a shot of the kids Halloween 2007. It isn't the best picture, but it was my only horizontal one and I didn't feel like taking the time to edit pics. They were totally cute as the Flintstones.
I am really excited about their costumes this year. I love Halloween costumes because I love to sew and it is always fun to make new things. Amelia was born in Nov '97, so she missed Halloween that year. So since 1998, I have sewn costumes every year but one, and that is when I was pregnant with #4, Lee was away at a 2 month school and I taught a performing group. I wasn't in the mood. They wore dresses Lee sent from Afghanistan that year (2005). So we were talking at dinner tonight about costumes and how mom makes their costumes. We said how we never have bought one in a store which is different than most people we know. After that, Amelia said, "We take Halloween seriously." I cracked up.
I don't decorate. We have only done pumpkins and jack 'o lanterns a few times over the years. I have never decorated our car when we do trunk or treat at the church. I haven't dressed up myself for Halloween in about 4 years because I have too many kids to figure out. But I still love Halloween. I love how my kids get excited and it has become a favorite tradition to decide together what they will be (Most years they ask ME! "Mom, what will be this year? I love it!) I love seeing what all the other little kids and families dress up like and all the fun that goes with it.
So I will take pictures tomorrow and post them here. I hope you take Halloween seriously, too, but not too seriously. Have fun! And please be safe.
2 comments:
Aw, so cute! I love the idea of having everyone go together as a theme (which is why we did a mermaid, pirate and lobster this year... I hope to post pictures on my blog later today).
Can't wait to see what you did this year!
For the weighted blanket, the OT said around 10% of their body weight. This is the method I used http://mommysews.blogspot.com/2007/08/sew-your-own-weighted-blanket.html
I'm going to make another one, as I just used fish gravel (the only thing I could find locally), but want to use poly pellets to make the blanket washable.
what a fun tradition of always making your costumes!!! you are such a super mom:) your kids looked awesome last week, by the way!
- sara xx
Post a Comment