Friday, October 17, 2008

I've got skills

This is getting its own post because I had a problem getting it on the main one.

Yes, this is the back of the cheerleader costume, which may seem very blah, to you. "What am I looking at?" you may be asking yourself. It's what you CAN'T see that is important. This is my first lapped zipper application! Yay me!

I can do a pretty mean centered zipper and mom helped me with invisible zippers on the flower girl dresses last summer. But lapped zippers eluded me. I couldn't figure them out. So I sucked it up and took an online zipper class on PatternReview.com (Which I definitely recommend if you like to sew or want to learn to sew. It's a very fun site with tons of info and the online classes are rad!) And here you have it! Lapped zippers that didn't turn out too bad, especially since I wasn't following the pattern. I will apply lapped zippers with confidence now!
When I say Lapped, you say Zipper! Lapped! Zipper! Lapped ! Zipper! Go.... Zippers! Yay!

1 comment:

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

I have no clue what a lapped zipper is, LOL, but I don't see anything out of the ordinary, so I guess that's the point- great job!

You did a fantastic job (as usual, of course). Love the matching treat bag!