She left me to enjoy and came back to say "Soooooo...How'd ya like your snack?"
We get so caught up in worrying about stuff in life, that we don't always take the time to notice and appreciate the little things whoch make life so sweet. This adorable daughter of mine took the time to choose things she knows I love to offer me a special gift. She made it attractive and appealing and that made me feel like a very special person. She loves me. And she has no idea that I love her even more thans she loves me. I hope she feels that and I show her, but she wont; know the degree until she is a mother of her own child one day. She is growing so quickly before my eyes.
My life lately is racked with craziness. If you can believe it, I had 2 more kids throw up yesterday!(That's right Ashley!) I am so busy and I am trying to keep all my plates spinning. I wish there were 2 of me sometimes. No I wish there were 3 of me. One to clean the puke, one to play with the kids and one to spend unlimited hours sewing.
A couple weeks ago, a maintenance guy came to repair a few things around the house. As he was leaving, the yard guys were there and they asked if I wanted my hibiscus bush in front trimmed. Wow! They usually just trim it and don't ask. It was getting pretty tall and unruly so I was happy to have it trimmed. "Go ahead! Trim it down. Do what you gotta do!" The maintenance guy relayed that message right in front of me. When I left the house later in the day, I was horrified to find my bush whacked down to spindly branches. It was ugly and bare. All the leaves and flowers were gone and it was uneven and exposed. I was so mad! That's not what I meant! What was wrong with them? I thought I should complain but didn't. The kids saw it and were just as upset. "Our bush is ugly!" I have held hard feelings about my bush since than and the people who did this to it.
This morning, as I pulled out of my driveway, I looked toward my bush. What was this? Every branch now has beautiful green leaves. It is lovely and looking lush and even. I am surprised. I guess it is the law of the harvest like in the scriptures.
So I thought of myself and how I feel like I have been pruned with a horrible whack job. But like my bush, I am coming out of it even better. I have a feeling I will have more terrible prunings before I achieve the measure of my creation. But I will get there.
4 comments:
Thank you. I really needed to read this tonight. I'm sorry about your bush, but I hope that things get better soon. ((HUGS))
I hear you Angie. Sometimes we need two or more of us just to maintain the household. But it doesn't seem to get easier for some reason even though the kids are older. There are other bigger and better(?) issues to tackle. Hang in there! Let me help you with the load. Charne and I can help if you need a night off with the girls! Don't hesitate. Buddah Akhay can help too.
As for the hibiscus...well what a blessing that wacked job turned out to be. Maybe we need to be trimmed to blossom too! :) Love ya!
Lovely, thank you for writing this. I needed to hear this, too! What a great message! I love when our kids do special things, they are sweet blessings. I would have cried if one of my girls did that for me. What a great girl! I also love that you didn't give her name away! Sorry about the puking kids, don't worry, when Lee gets home it will all stop, ha,ha!! XOXO
Through our trials we grow stronger and we gain a deeper understanding of our role here upon the earth. Pruning takes away the old growth, sometime even the bad stuff we may not like about ourselves. Trials hard,and often them are even ugly, but we WILL come back more beautiful,stronger, and more like what our Heavenly Father wants us to be like, which is strong, immovable daughter. I love you Angie, and I love how you can see these lessons in your life and apply them. You are a truly remarkable earthly daughter of mine, and a divine daughter of our Heavenly Father.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment