
Three cheers because it's done! I wanted to post this the other day and do a little cheer for my favorite gals on Project Runway. The finale was great and I was so happy that Leanne won! After they sent Kenley off stage I really didn't care. I had been rooting for Leanne and Korto through most of the competition, and would have been pleased with either one. It was a super finale show and I am as addicted to it as I am American Idol. Maybe more so because I have such a mad crush on Tim Gunn. Ryan Seacrest, not so much. I want Tim Gunn to come move in with me.

But the cheerleader costume is finished! The little girl who gets to wear it on Halloween is really happy with it and when I get a picture of her in it, I can post it. These Aggies are from Utah State University. To be a "True Aggie" you have to be kissed on the "A" on campus on a full moon or on Homecoming night. I always wanted to be a 'True Aggie" even though I didn't actually attend USU. I planned to and attended LDS Institute there and dated guys from there. But I never became a "True Aggie". Oh well! It means a lot less to me now than it did 15 years ago, that's for sure! The outfit should have been navy blue, but I couldn't find it at first and bought this color. Later, I did find navy at another store and felt pretty bummed since I already bought this fabric. Oh Well! The navy was twice as much anyway and this is cute.

So...A little bit about this project...
As you can see I machine embroidered the names and spent time making the bias trim just right. The pleats on the skirt were a little tricky but super fun and I made little knit underpants to keep her modest.
But here is the coolest part!
A matching trick-'o-trick bag! I had extra fabric and couldn't resist. I've made bags before to match my kids' costumes but this one is especially awesome. Her mom reports it is definitely everyone's favorite part and will probably be Lauren's bag for gymnastics class. Perfect! It was my little surprise for her.

3 comments:
I love that costume, and I agree Leanne was the best! I'm addicted to project runway!
Ya know, Marin oohs and ahhhs over all the cute things you make. And Christmas is coming up........(hint, hint.) In all seriousness, you are an amazing seamstress. Good luck getting everything ready for your craft show.
Wow Angie! I'm impressed. You are an awesome seamstress. You go girl!
Post a Comment