
Happy Talkin', Talkin', Happy Talk! Talk about things you like to do! Don't I look happy in this picture? Lydia took it on May Day at the school and told me to make an "L" for her name. I was smart enough to bring an umbrella for the sun and a real chair because for years I tried to be polite and not sit on a big chair and block people's view. Never again! So this is a very happy post. In spite of cleaning up more vomit today. (what is it about Sundays around here?) Here are some things that make me happy.

Above is our beautiful niece, Megan, playing the violin. She made first chair in her AllState HighSchool orchestra and she really rocks at everything! You can tell Lydia agrees. She wants to be like Megan and made a piece of wood and stick into her own violin. Her Aunt Tara (Megan's mom) spiffed it up with duct tape and made a very happy little girl, indeed. The "violin" stuck around through most of our vacation but I couldn't tell where it ended up. But it sure was fun for a while.

Dogs in clothes are a very happy thing. I am not a dog person but there have been a few dogs over the years I have really liked. My cousin's dog Rusty when I was a little girl. Our friends the Hatch's dog Shadow in Alaska. And making the top of the list is this little dog I am related to by marriage: Jasper! He was Grandma's dog and she loved him so much. He is very well loved by my wonderful in-laws. We bought him an Aloha shirt on another visit, but it was too small. So we got him another and he looks so cute! Aloha Jasper! We miss you!

This is my friend Gina. She is very cool and was the funniest bad virgin you'd ever meet. She came over tonight for dinner with my friend Sweet Sherri and her husband Cute Ben. I don't have pictures of them, but if I did I would put them here. We had so much fun laughing and visiting. Sherri moved away and was only visiting. Ben is off to Iraq soon (AGAIN! AARR!) And Gina will be moving too. I am sad to say goodbye to friends, but so happy that we know each other. I'm going to miss this gal like crazy. I'm so glad you guys could come hang out. I'll see you at Christmas, Sherri!

I embroidered these for Lee while on vacation. He needed another set of sheets. I sent him some last Christmas and of course I sent the zebra striped satin ones, but those don't really cut it for every day use. So I sent him these with a glow in the dark monogram. He loves them and he loves me.
Below you will see a very pretty girl wearing a blouse I made her last year for her school pictures. She chose the fabric, which I ADORE, and I promised her I would make her a black skirt to match it. Every few weeks or so she would say, "Mom, remember you said you'd make me a black skirt?" So one day I broke down and made it. I made up my own pattern and it came out great. We put her hair in curlers and everything to be ready for church. And then she started throwing up in the night. So the following week she tried again. Our friend Melanie picked her up for church because little brother was throwing up again. I snapped her picture as she left and for some reason she wasn't in the posing mood. But I love this blouse and skirt together and pat myself on the back every time I see it. It is especially cute with her boots because of the fun ruffle on the bottom.

These are some of my favorite people ever. Nola Viola was visiting with her cool husband Ken Tenor and some of us went to this luau. I hadn't seen Nola in over 5 years and I love her as much as ever. You can't meet her and not love her instantly. Uncle's taking the picture and I am between the lovely Claire and Beth. Doesn't Beth look especially cute? And don't I look especially pale? Dang! I need some bronzer or something. Maybe I spend too much time inside the sewing room. I had so much fun laughing and eating and learning some special hula terms. Hmmm...Now I know why I love the hula so much.

2 comments:
I was so happy to find you! I loved being able to sing South Pacific while reading this! Check out our blog! We miss you! -Robin
I love the doggie outfit, and that skirt/shirt combo is just gorgeous!!
Post a Comment