Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Another special dress for another special girl




This is another little girl I have known a long time. I've been friends with her mom for over 10 years, since before we were moms! We're members of The Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormon) and children are baptized and confirmed when they are 8 years old. This sweet little Rhianna was baptized over the weekend on her 8th birthday. Her mom asked me to sew a dress for her and it was a very special experience for me.

I used some very lovely (expensive..cough-cough) Venice lace on the dress and personalized the cotton slip underneath with her full name and the date. This will be worn in a a couple years for her younger sister so there is a sash to adjust it (they are very different size girls) and her sister's name can be added to the slip as well ( the slip is important because the person is completely immersed when baptized and we want her to be modest)

I love to sew clothes but I spend most of my time sewing bags and blankets and bibs (I sewed a version of a Dora the Explorer backpack last week but forgot to take apicture. It was cool!) I feel so honored making special dresses for special occasions for extra special little girls.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Over The Top Aprons said...

Good morning, did you get my
your tagged = perhaps you have been busy - but if you didn't get the invite just go to my blog and scrool down abit and all the info. is there. Thanks, I will chat later.

SeasideQuilts said...

This dress is just gorgeous! I grew up mormon (although no longer practicing...) and would have just loved a dress like this for my baptism! :)

Over The Top Aprons said...

Angela, this dress is absolute beautiful. Congrats. on the T.v. show. How fun, I hope you got great response from it!

I understand about being toooo busy. I have been so busy that I have totally neglected my Etsy shop.

You are very generous in your comment - yes I am 74 (this past July) .. but I have always had a very young spiit!
And I enjoy being around young people.

Pray you are doing well withou your husband - that is a lot of responsibility with your children.

God bless

Toni said...

Beautiful dress! Hey thanks for putting me on your "cool places to shop" list! Toni

Autumn Daisy Studio said...

Congratulations to your daughter! What a wonderful, special time!