Saturday, August 23, 2008

How I Spent my Summer Vacation - Part 3 (Part 2)

I went a little nuts taking pictues of these cute little girls. But the dresses were so awesome and they all looked so lovely.
Now a little background: My friend Nicole was with me when I picked out this fabric. I was in heaven when I found it. I wasn't sure about the color combo until I found the silk and it was so rich and gorgeous! Hi Nicole!
My sister and I really loved the neopolitan ice cream dress that Gymboree carried at Easter time. It was brown pink and cream. silk So we used that idea to modify a pattern Becky had for the little girl's dresses. I think I love it more than the ice cream dresses. I thought they looked like upside down tops. They were so poufy they stood up on their own, no hangers needed! A friend I met at the 2nd reception said she looked like a hot fudge sundae with a cherry on top! This little girl LOVED wearing this dress. She thought she was the bride and it was her wedding dress.
My oldest daughter is 10 and I wasn't surprised that she loved the cream with hers and the 8 year old wanted red. I let them choose but already guessed this. The skirts on these are straighter, more of a dirdl style. I love this, but I wish the red one had been puffier because that little girl is all princess and would have liked it puffier. Oh well! I found this hugely wide cream ribbon that made the perfect sash! YAY!
Oh they are so beautiful! I could just look at them all day!

Nope, he is not happy in this tie. But scroll down and you will see he was happy for half a second. I had to get a picture and then it came off. He destroyed his long red tie at the first reception.
I am trying to ignore the chocolate mess. Thanks for bringing me a napkin! And thankyou Oxyclean!
Oh stop your pouting! You are too cute!
What a pretty girl! She looks like me!
Umm...Didn't we see this one? They are such good little models.

See? He is happy! Aunt Heather 2 shared her flowers. I love that little boy smile!
I tease her about her little foot popping. She is so cute.
The braces came off last week! I love seeing how well this dress fits her in this picture.

Tiny Dancer!


And the lovebirds! I still can't believe my baby brother is married! I couldn't have handpicked a better wife for him. She even sews!
This is my immediate family. We don't get together too often so this was extra special. The entire family was here except for Lee. I love my new brown shoes!
All 5 granddaughters! Aunt Heather 2 made 16 year old Chasity's dress from the same red silk. It's the same pattern as her bride's maids who were in brown crepe back satin. Chasity doesn't like wearing dresses but she looked beautiful! Tiny 2 year old Lili is a darling! You can see from this angle how poufy the dress is. She doesn't have her sash on, and I think it still looks great.
Putting all the dresses together looks even better. (What is with that foot pop again?) There are 5 more grandsons around but for some reason I didn't get a pictuire of them. Oh, I remember why! Trevor wasn't here because he got sick and my camera battery died right after this. But there's my cute boy in front. He will never wear that outfit again. The tie is in pieces, I lost the shirt at my sister's house and his cool brown linen pants got shredded 2 weeks later in church when he was walked on the hem. Oh well!



5 comments:

Ashley said...

Love, love, love the dresses! The girls looked beautiful and Henry looked so cute in his tie. I scrolled back up to look at your brown shoes, very nice!

Whitney Niu said...

Oh my goodness getting out of Hawaii was on ordeal. There was no way I was getting to Travis or Washington via Hickam. So I went from Hickam to Elmendorf Alaska. From Elmendorf to Spokane. Since I was able to MAC into Spokane I was able to visit Shari there. And lastly I took your gem of wisdom and took the Amtrak from Spokane to Everette Washington. It was quite the adventure but it was a blast!

Amanda said...

those dresses are so cute. I love them they are so cute. You did a great job.

mike and bri smith said...

I love the pictures of the girls in their dresses. SO SO CUTE!!!!

Frank & Moana said...

Angie I love the pictures. It is awesome to see how baby brother Steve has grown. We've grown with him through primary (when he helped us out), his mission, & now a beautiful temple marriage! Wonderful family photos! You are a great seamstress. Beautiful dresses and baby clothes. Love you lots!