Tuesday, August 19, 2008

How I Spent my Summer Vacation - Part 1

I spent almost 2 months on the Mainland with family. I took my sewing machine with me and stayed VERY busy.
I was so happy to get to help my sweet sister in-law recover her swing. It was getting raggedy. Here is an AFTER picture.
Here is a BEFORE picture. The seat bottoms were shredded as was the faded canopy. The backs still looked fine so we found this very cute coordinating paisley. It was a lot of fun.
We already took a seat off here. I had never done anything like this so I figured it out as I went along.
And the new seats! I was really happy to get to help Heather. We live so far away from them, so I am happy to get to help family. I love how her swing turned out. She sprayed scotchguard on them afterward.

We started calling my husband's sister Aunt Heather 1 and my brother Steve's new wife, Aunt Heather 2! They were married in June while we were there and she invited me to her bridal shower. The shower was the same day as my Mother In-Law's 60th birthday, so I made these monogrammed pillowcases for her. But I was too excited to wait for Steve to send them to the shower and gave them to her early. I love monogrammed bed linens!
More to come! I sewed alot on my vacation and I'm excited to show it all to you!

No comments: