Friday, August 22, 2008

How I Spent my Summer Vacation - Part 3 (Part1)



This is only part 1 of part 3 because I am being lazy pulling up pics today. So I will be showing more of these dresses later. My baby brother Steve married sweet Heather in June. Their colors were red, cream and chocolate brown. This picture of Steve and my 3 girls is at his second reception. I worked so hard on the dresses that we had to go to a second party to wear them.
These dresses are made of silk and my sister helped me come up with the design, particularly on the little girls' dresses. I made an identical one for her daughter which I will also show later. My mom helped put in sleeves for me. I was feeling extra overwhelmed at times with these dresses. I was able to use my new ruffler attachment and my invisible zipper foot. Thanks Mom and Pam at the Viking store in Port Angeles for your kindness and guidance.
I LOVED this gorgeous silk fabric. And my girls loved wearing these dresses. They have built in poufy underneath. My sister made the head wreaths.
I took tons of pics of these dresses so I will show more later.
P.S. What is up with the brown sash on that little girl's dress? I will tell you. The plan was to stitch little loops on the sides to hold their sashes inplace. I was sewing the end of these dresses at 11PM the night before the wedding. Getting zippers in became more important than sash loops. So the poor little girls ended up with sashes in their armpits! Oh well! They were still cute and were just as cute without the sash.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I've actually been waiting for these pictures. The dresses are beautiful! I love them, and if I were little I would want one!

~ April ~ EnchantedDandelions said...

Those are just GORGEOUS! I love the layers in the littlest's one! Great job!