Thursday, May 8, 2008

Yes, I still sew






















In case you were wondering if I post pictures of things I have made, the answer is yes. I sew more than ever lately. I had a great time at the Hickam craft fair last Saturday and have no pictures because my camera has died and I am tryingto figure it all out. I bought a new one today (Not a great one) and I have new items I need to take pics of and sadly, a lot of items that are gone with no pictures. They found great new homes, but I have no record of what they looked like but in my head. So for your viewing pleasure, here are some things I have made over the last few months.
Here's a hooded towel, a couple monogrammed diaper wipe holder wristlets, some embroidered shirts for 3 sweet sisters (families with 3 girls rock!) embroidered basket liners for my mother in-law, and a special pillow case.
Lee wanted some new sheets, so I monogrammed some and sent them to him in Iraq. I used glow in the dark blue thread on dark brown sheets. He loves them. Well, for Valentines Day, I wanted to send him another set so he could have one on his bed while the other is being washed. I found this satin zebra print set which cracked me up for only $7 at Ross. It had no pillowcase, so I made my own and embroidered it in glow inthe dark thread with this little note, that he loved! We've been calling each other that for years as a little joke. Well, of course, he doesn't keep satin sheets on his bed (too hard to relax when you have to brace yourself for fear of sliding out of bed) but he loves his pillow case. This reminds me, I have to send him a new set he can really use. I have much more to show you that I have sewed, and I will be adding to my flickr page soon. It has been a while since I posted on there.

3 comments:

Chantell said...

LOVE the little onesies!..very cute phrasing :) Everything looks so cute, you are an incredibly talented seamstress!
talk to ya later,
Chantell

Sara and Tafu said...

Great song to match your jungle stud pillowcase. Those are cute. Hannah definitely has more Spice than sugar lately....

Over The Top Aprons said...

That is sooo great! What a sweet reminder of "home"!