Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Announcing: ACU Bags
















This really isn't a special announcement. I have made several ACU bags but here is the story of the first one.
My friend, Jana, had asked me about ACU bags. She had seen them and wanted one. A few people had asked me about them, because they know I make bags. I wasn't super excited to try making them and had never even seen the ones they were talking about. How cool could a bag made from an old camo uniform be? So I brainstormed with my friend, Selina, who suggested I add the funky prints I love to the camo. HMMMM... So I came up with a design for Jana, who agreed to be my test customer. And here it is! I call this design the Jana bag. This is a great pink Amy Butler print. These prints really girly up the camo. I only want to make bags that I would be willing to carry myself. I would totally use an ACU bag and hope to make myself one when I get time since I am sewing for everyone else. Jana had me sew on the name tape and the patches she wanted, but my ready made bags have the velcro strips so one's own name strip and patches can be added.
I really miss Jana. She is so sweet and fun and I am really glad she was my first bag. Keep checking this blog for other ACU bags.

2 comments:

Our Ohana said...

Hey this isn't about the bags, (although they are awesome!) but did you guys move??? I get back from vacation and I hear you have moved. Is this a nasty rumor or are you just on a long vacation??? You really should tell me - not only because I am your coolest friend, bu also I am your new VT haha! MIss you!

Amanda said...

those bags are so cute. Hope you get back soon