In Hawaii, May Day is Lei Day! Schools all over the island celebrate with beautiful festivals featuring hula and other dancing. My children's school has every grade learn a special dance number and perform out on the field with all the families attending. There is always a MayDay court with a queen dressed in white and attendants dressed in each color of the islands.
Two young women in our church auditioned for MayDay court at their middle school. Out of 60 girls trying out these 2 made it and they asked me to sew their dresses for the big day. I had alot to do that week getting ready for a craft fair, but they offered to watch my kids in exchange for sewing. Say no more! I was able to whip these out in record time which even surprised me! Toe's white dress only took a few hours becuase I had already made all my mistakes on Precious' green dress.
They looked so beautiful and danced so beautifuly. Precious and her brother watched the kids (along with their sweet grandma) and Toe, you still owe me!
Now do you see my new pegboard Lee hung for me? I love it! When the room is clean again, I will take some new pictures. It is a super sewing room.
1 comment:
How nice! I bet that was fun for you!
Post a Comment