Did she ask me or did I offer to sew a blessing outfit? I don't care. I am just glad I got to because it was a blast! Misty has been my friend for over 10 years. We were young army wives with a baby a piece in cold Alaska. We have been through a lot and she is one of my favorite people.She was expecting her 4th child, second boy in winter time and needed something special.
I should be honest though and admit I wanted her to have a girl so I could make a gorgeous heirloom gown. Dresses are just so fun! But this is a SUPER baby boy outfit and I had just as much fun.

This sweet romper is pure white silk dupioni that I trimmed with leftover cream silk shantung from my girls' flower dresses last summer. I made lots of sweet piping that I used to trim the sleeves collar and waist.

I machine embroidered in cream some adorable little wild animals. If you want really cool embroidery designs I suggest Embroidery Library
I go there ALOT! These were perfect because they were tiny and I stitched them out in one color. Elephant, giraffe and lion. Very baby boyish but still elegant, in my opinion.

Pearly buttons up the back and at the crotch, rather than snaps. I don't want to take the chance that any rust will find it's way on this gorgeous (and expensive) fabric

I have to practice taking pictures of white shiny things. My lighting is weird.

Here you can see the little loop which closes his jacket and how his romper collar sticks out the top. I thought about monogramming the outfit, but thought if she ever has another baby or loans it, or passes it down to a grandchild, they wouldn't need to wear the personalized jacket.

Pearly buttons up the back and at the crotch, rather than snaps. I don't want to take the chance that any rust will find it's way on this gorgeous (and expensive) fabric

I have to practice taking pictures of white shiny things. My lighting is weird.
Since he was born in Utah in the winter, he needed to be warm. This little jacket is trimmed in the same cream silk, and also features his own little monogrammed pocket! How totally cool is this?
Here you can see the little loop which closes his jacket and how his romper collar sticks out the top. I thought about monogramming the outfit, but thought if she ever has another baby or loans it, or passes it down to a grandchild, they wouldn't need to wear the personalized jacket.
4 comments:
I haven't blog stalked you for awhile. I love seeing all of the fun things you make. You'd be so proud of me...I just sewed my first skirt for Marin. I even learned how to gather with a basting stitch and I made a ruffle. Can you believe it? Have fun moving in to your house...soon? (I hope).
HA! I am signed in as Devin....Sorry!
Love Robin
Hi! You don't know me but I hope it's okay for me to leave a comment! I was looking for baby boy blessing outfits and found this post -- what you made is so beautiful! You did an amazing job!
I adopted a little boy in March, he is our first and we are so incredibly blessed to have him in our family. Our adoption will be finalized next month and we will be able to take him to the temple to be sealed to us. I clicked the link to your etsy shop and I can see that you are not selling anything right now. If you are willing to make another one of these would you contact me? Thank you so much!
linder.campbell@gmail.com
You don't know me but I was just surfing the web looking for ideas for my new little grandson's blessing outfit. When I saw the outfit you made it was just what I wanted to make for him but with short pants.
You did an amazing job and really have a 'eye' as to how to mix colors, trim & embellishments. It is so wonderful to see some of the younger generation learning to sew and the enjoyment that comes from it. I have worried that it would become a lost art!
I hope you don't mind me asking but, did you use a commercial pattern? If so, would you be willing to share which one? If you don't, I totally understand but if you would you may email me at mlfarr@comcast.net
Post a Comment