
If you asked how many Halloween costumes I have sewn over the years, I doubt I could take a guess. But I love doing them and came across Halloween costume pics from 2008 that I never blogged about. Strange in July? Sure, but who cares?!

Ok, it's sideways, and I don't have a picture with the baby in it, but how cute is this anyway? This baby (named Grayson, appropriate huh? if you know Batman) has a big brother who was Batman! I took a red onesie and worked Halloween magic with my embroidery machine, applique and fabric scraps. It's adorable!


No, I didn't make the above costumes. But aren't we cute? I am a beatnik, but everyone thought I was French. (I just went with clothes I had an Lee's beret he got on his mission to France) My great friend Gina was going for Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter Book 5. She looks a little to friendly and approachable though.

I made this tutu. This little girl could be considered my muse. I have made several things for her and she is so adorable! What a sweet lady bug she was for Halloween. I will miss making things for her since we have moved.

This girl is frightening and lovely. She became interested in the song "Wuthering Heights" by Kate Bush, and I explained the story to her. She decided she wanted to be Cathy Earnshaw coming back from the dead to roam the moors haunting her beloved Heathcliff.
"Heathcliff! It's me, I'm Cathy, I've come home now! Let me in your window!"
I put a hair piece on her and a little tiara to dress her up. She is a fancy ghost.


My friend Misty has enlisted me to make a few costumes over the years. This last year, we made a trade: She gave me a store bought Disney Tinkerbell (Gasp! I know! A store bought costume! It's ok. I got over it and you will too.) And I made her that rockin' USU cheerleader costume you saw in a past post. This little blond girl loved being Tinkerbell, complete with shoes and her wings lit up! Of course, her little brother had to be Peter Pan and I already had a cute little hat I got in Germany as a kid.

Now here's the black version of the dead woman. Have you heard the story of the woman who wore the black ribbon around her neck to keep her head on? I loved that story as a little girl and was a version of that a couple years in a row as a young person. This girl heard the story and wanted to be scary too! I made each girl the same dress in different fabrics Of course, this girl got a huge rat job on her hair too. It took forever to comb out.


I took Tinkerbell and Peter Pan to this Early Intervention party and people kept thinking he was Robin Hood! No! He's with Tinkerbell! Can't you tell?
I made up his costume and thought it was way cool. I guess the Disney version would have been a darker or brighter green, but this fabric was a really cool suede type. It'll be a different challenge this year when they all have to be warm costumes or worn over or under a coat. Doggone it!

No comments:
Post a Comment