Monday, May 4, 2009

Aprons, Teepees and Craft Fair Fun!

As promised here are some craft fair pictures. We didn't know if the pony ride guy would be there and everyone was happy when they showed up. But Boy! When the wind blew just right (or wrong) Dang! I didn't enjoy that. Charlotte talked us into letting her ride at the end of the day.

The aprons were a hit as Robin predicted (thanks!) This is a full apron (still available for sale) I love this aloha fabric with the palm trees and shacks. The red ric-rac makes it perfect.
This pink half-apron sold. It looked so cute on the lady who bought it. This is Amy Butler MidWestModern. I accented it with awesome vintage yellow ric-rac I've had for a long time. It was perfect for it.



This one below has the kokeshi dolls accented with an Amy Butler dot. Very striking, very cute and still available.


This one below is another favorite because I made a bag for myself out of this Joel Dewberry fabric. It's a reddish brown with a gold and lt blue with baby ric-rac. Super cute and still available.




This is a peek at the booth. There is Amelia and Nana working hard. Nana is actually Laraine and a very good friend who shared the booth with me. We just all call her Nana. I am always worried about the look of the booth because I think making the items is my talent rather than setting it up. Years ago I worked at Hallmark and I loved making displays and I was pretty good. Nana had great ideas and she draped all this tulle around which I really liked. It was very sweet with the table cloths and stuff.

See those cool bibs made from ACU army camo? So cute and all sold now.



Below are a couple more full aprons. These are still available as well. The apple pear apron has green felt ric-rac.





Look at these cute kids playing in the tepees! They were driving me nuts until their dad took them home. I made an Army camo and AirForce camo tepee. I really thought the AirForce camo would have flown away since I was on an AirForce base for the fair, but nope! Murphy'sLaw, I guess. If I didn't have it they would have asked for it!







The tepees come in storage bags like this one below. I call them Total Tepees because they have everything you could need for tepee fun!









The day before we set up all the tepees in the front yard to make sure they all worked and took pictures for the instruction cards. This one is denim and still available.









Isn't this beautiful Aloha fabric? It was the first tepee to sell on Sat. I love it because it would be perfect for a boy or girl and I am thinking of going back and getting some more so I can make one for me. I mean for the kids!












What a cute little model! I have more pics to share, especially of more aprons but I need to edit photos and flip and crop and all that so more will be coming soon. Items which did not sell will be on my Etsy site soon, but I still have to edit those photos. AAHHH!!! It's the part I don't like about online selling. Oh well!
I think I am recovered physically from the fair and now I have to clean the house. My Blue Room is a pit. Those of you who sew will understand the huge sewing mess that comes with the job. I have some new orders to work on this week as well and get so caught up. And Ashley, are you reading this? Let's design your bag soon!











1 comment:

Ashley said...

Great pictures! I know my bag will be in the works soon, I can't wait! It is going to be so cool! Great job at the fair!