The title of this post is "Apron Strings" because I listened to a song called "Apron Strings" while sewing most of these. It talks about wanting a baby of your own "I want someone to tie to my apron strings" I heard it in the movie "She's Having a Baby" (from the 80's) and always loved it. Aprons are perfect for Mother's Day, cover body flaws or a dirty shirt and make you feel cute and pretty. That is if the apron is cute and pretty. The apron above has lady silhouettes all over a black background and a white fabric with hearts and phrases, like "If all else fails, pet the cat" and other inspirational things. It is modeled by NANA! She is such a cute lady!
Look at this cute girl! She cocks her head and raises her foot for her pictures. A lady bought this apron made from Mocca fabric and accented with awesome yellow vintage ric-rac. I asked if she would let me take her picture in it but she said Charlotte should. Of course, Charlotte loved that. I love this one!

Who is this mysterious dark-haired beauty? Her name is Meredith and I talked her into modeling the aprons at the craft show for my pics. I needed to show what they looked like on and I needed the cutest lady I could find. She happened to come to the fair! She is an old friend here visiting family from the mainland with her cute husband and cuter son. The apron above is AmyButler Midwest Modern fabric and the one below is the one you saw hanging on the line. Both are available for sale.


The apron above is made from the Joel Dewberry fabric I was telling you about the stuff I made my bag from. It is extra cute with baby blue ric-rac.
The green one below now belongs to Meredith. I love the retro-vintage-reproduction look of this Katie JumpRope print. The white ric-rac is perfect and it is the perfect apron for Mer! She looks awesome in it!


Here are some more full aprons. They have such a cute flirty ruffle-look skirt. The one above is Kitty Yoshida prints and the one below is Joel Dewberry Aviary. I have wanted to use those prints for along time. I trimmed it in pink. It's hard to see the colors in this pic but it is an olive type green with lime green and pink detail.


The one below was my first apron out of this pattern (which I drafted myself from an apron I found at Ross) Sweet apples and pears with felt green ric-rac I have been saving for the perfect project. The apron below was the last one I made for the fair and finished at almost 1 AM. I bought these Andalucia prints from Michael Miller and wanted so badly to use them for aprons. At 10:30 PM when I could have gone to sleep I thought, "I can make just 2 more. It won't take too long." 2 hours later I could barely walk but I finished a couple totally rad aprons.

Here is the other apron I sewed at midnight before the fair. How adorable is this woman?! She has 4 kids! So do I, but she beats me out on the adorable scale. She thanked me for staying up and making this apron because she loved it and can you see why? The black, brown, green orange and pink is so fun and bright. The pattern is perfect! I made it up myself the day before and made all the half aprons the day before. And look how good it looks on her? I swear I made it just for her without realizing it. (plus if she spills on it, you'll never know!)

And here is an Aloha print, You saw this one hanging. I always loved this print but the bit of red trim cranks it up and stops it from looking cheesy touristy swapmeety. What do you think? It's so cute I may have to keep it!

4 comments:
Soooo cute! Love them all! I may have to buy one...
That is one hot model! She totally sells the product :) Good work, I'm so glad your craft fair went well!!!
The aprons all look so great! Meredith looks awesome in the aprons, you may need to hire her! Great job Angie!
Wow, that apron really was made for Meredith. Good job, Angie! I love the apron that the lady with 4 kids bought. Great colors!
Post a Comment