Well, Saturday's Seasons Best Craft Fair is now recorded in my memories and chalked up to experience. In many ways it was my best craft fair ever. Not for sales though. I had awesome customers and met some really fun great people, both who purchased and who passed on by. I love meeting and visiting with people and that was very fun. Thank you to those who found what they were searching for in my booth. It is always a thrill to see how people respond to my creations and when they really connect to something and appreciate it, I am so stoked!
Our friends the Langis were there at their booth and I was able to purchase some Christmas gifts. Check out his new website Mana'ia O' Langi for handcarved accessories. Just beautiful! It's always fun visiting with Sara and Tafu and seeing their cute little kids.
There was lots of rain for a bit. Some of my cute tags got soaked. I didn't plan well for the rain. I thought my positive thoughts would be enough. Oh well! It got sunny after a couple downpours and then I got a sunburn! Darn it! Can you see the dark cloud in the pictures? There was also mud everywhere! Ick!
I was looking forward to meeting Wendy from Yarn Confections. Sure enough I searched and found her booth! We met once at a HI808 Etsy Hawaii Street Team meeting. Wendy is such a sweet lady and has beautiful creations. I was so pleased to see her Shiny She line in person. Pictures don't do them justice. I'm excited to trade items with her. My girls are getting something very fun for Christmas! SHH...
Our friends the Langis were there at their booth and I was able to purchase some Christmas gifts. Check out his new website Mana'ia O' Langi for handcarved accessories. Just beautiful! It's always fun visiting with Sara and Tafu and seeing their cute little kids.
There was lots of rain for a bit. Some of my cute tags got soaked. I didn't plan well for the rain. I thought my positive thoughts would be enough. Oh well! It got sunny after a couple downpours and then I got a sunburn! Darn it! Can you see the dark cloud in the pictures? There was also mud everywhere! Ick!
I was looking forward to meeting Wendy from Yarn Confections. Sure enough I searched and found her booth! We met once at a HI808 Etsy Hawaii Street Team meeting. Wendy is such a sweet lady and has beautiful creations. I was so pleased to see her Shiny She line in person. Pictures don't do them justice. I'm excited to trade items with her. My girls are getting something very fun for Christmas! SHH...
I am now accepting credit cards and got to process one! It was fun! I had great advice from Michelle and another seller, Heather, who I met through the forums about taking cards and it was a good choice.
So what really made this the best craft fair? Look closely in the pictures. See that really cute guy standing in my booth? We spent the whole day together, setting up, taking down, visiting, sharing a plate lunch. I have spent time with really helpful fun people at craft fairs, but this guy was my favorite. Lee and I were able to spend the whole day together. My super awesome friends Donna and Griselda agreed at the last minute to take my children for the whole day and Lee was able to be with me. Uncle Delbert loaned us his tent again. Life was really great.
I didn't make my sales goal and I didn't even complete everything I wanted to make in spite of completing 6 embroidered pillowcases and 10 bags the day before, and staying up literally all night. My last tote was completed at 5 AM! I was so exhausted and I'm still recovering!
What made it the best craft fair was all the blessings and great family and friends I have. I feel like such a lucky lady to have had the experience and I couldn't have had the experience without so much great support!
So what really made this the best craft fair? Look closely in the pictures. See that really cute guy standing in my booth? We spent the whole day together, setting up, taking down, visiting, sharing a plate lunch. I have spent time with really helpful fun people at craft fairs, but this guy was my favorite. Lee and I were able to spend the whole day together. My super awesome friends Donna and Griselda agreed at the last minute to take my children for the whole day and Lee was able to be with me. Uncle Delbert loaned us his tent again. Life was really great.
I didn't make my sales goal and I didn't even complete everything I wanted to make in spite of completing 6 embroidered pillowcases and 10 bags the day before, and staying up literally all night. My last tote was completed at 5 AM! I was so exhausted and I'm still recovering!
What made it the best craft fair was all the blessings and great family and friends I have. I feel like such a lucky lady to have had the experience and I couldn't have had the experience without so much great support!
1 comment:
I am glad you had a good time even if the sales were not as successful as you had hope. Your work is beautiful; everything you do.
Post a Comment