Friday, November 30, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Sigh...
I have every intention to update my blog. My mind is so full of ideas and I enjoy writing. I have lots of cool pictures of things on my camera ,too, that I would love to post. Everyone loves cool pictures on blogs! I just haven't been able to justify sitting down and spending the time.

I also can't justify the hours I have wasted playing My Sims on my daughter's new Nintendo DS. I just did it. Makes me sick to think of all the items I could have sewn. And I am only on level 4!

So I started thinking how do people do it? Keep up on their blogs, create enough and list constantly on Etsy. I have been reading some blogs myself lately and many are not married and don't have children. Well, there you go! Some have more kids than me though. I wonder if their houses are as messy as mine.

I am getting ready for a big craft fair this weekend. I wasn't absolutely sure I was doing it until this week, so I have been scrambling like mad to get ready. I have so much to do! I usually get so jived when making charm totes, but they took me a while to get into it. Just as I did, my machine started being weird. Only in the left needle position as I am stitching piping! AAHHH!!!! I just had to walk away. I am hoping to finish about 8 bags (Yeah, right!) and toothfairy and Santa pillowcases. How many of those I don't know. I also need to make a few more zipper pouches and finish up the button pony holders and package them. Our good friend is fixing the tent and we have to get the parts tomorrow as well as buy more tables. I am signed up to take credit cards now but need to figure out exactly how I will do it. Another good friend and babysitter for that day may not be able to watch the kids because, sadly, her gradpa died today.

Lee is planning on going with me to help me set up and sell. I am especially glad for this because on top of everything else, he is leaving for Iraq next week. Absolutely crazy to do this on our last Saturday together but he is so supportive and really wants me to be his SugarMama. I would love to be his SugarMama! So I hope to sell alot on Saturday and keep selling on Etsy. If you are on the island, come see me this Saturday, December 1, 9-2:30 PM at the Seasons Best Craft Fair, Ali'iolani Elementary School in Kaimuki.

I feel a little better venting it all out. That is just the main stuff going on in my life. I have lots of little extra fires to put out like a meeting at church tonight, teaching a lesson in church on Sunday, special orders to sew up for friend/family/customers. And my house is a hole! But I lost 2 pounds! Oh yeah, I had my first real appointment where the doctor comes right out and says "You need to lose weight." Oh man! Well yeah! Duh! But really it will help most of my health issues if I lose a little. And if I lose a lot I can fit in my clothes.

So I shouldn't compare myself to other people, but that is why I haven't blogged. Everything I don't sell at this fair will get listed on Etsy and I hope to be crazy filling orders next week. Positive thinking!

1 comment:

Sasaki Bags said...

Best of luck this weekend, Angie! I know your life is really stressful right now...Don't forget to breathe. I hope you have a great craft show day! Aloha
Barb