My good friend Priscilla, once again asked me to take on a project for her. Not my first Halloween costume for this lady. A few years ago I made her a sweet flower costume for her daughter in exchange for a sweet breast pump. I've made some great trades over the years. A long while back I made a baptism dress in exchange for a couple Harry Potter volumes 3 & 4 in hard back. That was when there were only 4 books. I think I got the better end of that deal. Hmm...Probably on the breast pump deal, too. But they were some great custom items, I have to say.
Ok so back to the subject. Priscilla wanted me to make a beautiful , pink, over the top, girly, princess dress for her little beauty. And I did. It reminded me of Barbie or something because it was so pink. She kind of gave me an idea of how she wanted the head piece and I was clueless until the day I was finishing it and this came to me. I strung beads I had and made a cool crown of tulle and ribbons. There was a huge skirt almost like a ballgown. The pattern called for it to be like a tutu but this came together like this and I love it more. I made the dress fancy and sweet so she would look pretty without the over skirt. You can't see it well in the pictures but it is all done with sparkling confetti organza. The over skirt and crown (which is adjustable) will fit for her dressing up for a few years. I was in love with it when I sent it to her but I absolutely adore it more seeing it on this gorgeous little girl. Getting pictures of people enjoying my creations make it worth even more to me.
Hannah Montana and Jack Sparrow were not made by me but they sure are cool looking kids.
5 comments:
This is very cute - that is how cute it is! Just checking in to see what is going on and as usual you are very, very busy!
Nice to hear from you. thanks for visiting my blog. No, I do not have a source for wholesale and I do buy everything on line. the only fabric store near us is JoAnne and I am not too fond of that. I would love any information you could share. thanks
Wow...You are just too good!! Love the pink gown and the crown. Awesome job and cute kids :)
Oh goodness! They were super cute!
Hi, Another hello. You have a net "look" from my last vist. Lovely! Pray all is well with you and your family and your business.
I am working on a website, slowly phasing out Mommyandmeboutique, and focus on aprons only.
blog: http://overthetopaprons.blogsot.com
web:
www.overthetopaprons.com
Web not quite completed butyou can view it.
Love to hear from you. corline
Post a Comment