I feel like we visited another planet and just arrived back on earth! The storm that hit last Tuesday night took our power away about 3 AM on Wednesday. We finally had power restored at 11:30 PM Friday!
It was cold and wet and dark during those days. I don't think we have gone so long with out power excpet when camping! We ate out and went to movies. The kids had no school for 3 days because there were trees down and no power at their school. Schofield Barracks really got hit with winds. So many trees and power lines down. Incredible. It reminded me of a tornado.
Here are some pictures we took around post and the neighborhood. I may add more later. The neighbor's trampoline was completely mangled and on top of their fence. Trampolines and swingsets all over were destroyed. We lost a bunch of food. Renters insurance is helping with that. It really felt like we would never have power again. But now the sun is shining and it's gorgeous! You really appreciate things when you don't have them.
2 comments:
Completely agree, that was a freakishly weird storm. Like a mini hurricane. Wow, I'm glad you got pictures. I should have, you're so good. Well, it's good to see your blog again. I love it. You're great! Love ya, Mer :o)
Wow! I guess we left just in time. I had heard about the storm but your pictures made me feel so bad for everyone we left behind. I am glad everyone made it through ok. We are now in D.C. and we really had a hard time settling in. Things are finally calming down but we really REALLY miss Hawaii and all of our friends. Good luck and we miss your family. Tell your girls Hi for me. By the way, our blog is mikeandbrismith.blogspot. Check us out.
Post a Comment