Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Someone's got a brand new bag!


I am inspired by my kids, my family and definitely, my friends. I am not always good at remembering birthdays and such, but when I do, I try to do something special. My friend, Griselda, loves bags and purses. I knew I wanted to make her one for her birthday this last month, but it had to be special. She is a gorgeous Latina, very spicy and exciting, so she needed a unique bag. I took her favorite colors and came up with this custom embroidered bag. It's chocolate brown canvas with a batik lining that looks like tie-dye. Now, she is so spicy she could totally pull off something hotter than this, but she is also classy. I had so much fun creating this and we had an even better time at dinner.

If you like Griselda's bag I plan to list the same custom bag on etsy. The lining and canvas will be the same but the buyer can decide the colors on the design and their own monogram if they choose.

My good friend Traci is moving so she also needed something special. She has watched my kids countless times and is a sweet, soft spoken lady so she needed something to fit her personality. I stitched this reversible monogrammed tote for her. I will really miss her.

I liked her bag so much, I am excited to create another. It is listed on etsy now and will be stitched and monogrammed custom for the buyer.

I love making things for my loved ones and am just as excited making things for loved ones of others! Even complete strangers! I think I may blog about that later. And I have more bags to add!

No comments: