Monday, October 18, 2010

What's going on?

Do you ever feel like life is screaming past you? The last 2 months have flown by. I feel my head is spinning as I have been so busy. I had someone tell me recently that I should listen to the advice given at our LDS General Conference held a few weeks ago, when someone said we should simplify our lives. I replied that if I was to simplify I should have just had less kids. I only have 4 and just getting them to and from school and appts is a crazy job! Henry now goes to SPED preschool and Headstart as well as having an ABA tutor come twice a week. (Applied Behavior Analysis-the most recommended treatment for autism)
Most days, my children come home at 3 different times but 2 days a week they come home at all their own times. We don't have lots of lessons and activities. That's basic stuff. How will it be when they are in High School?! Sheesh!

I chose the above picture because it is such a relaxing idea to cuddle up with your BFF and have a sweet sleep. This picture is of 2 little cousins who love each other so much. This past month I sewed matching dresses for them which I will post soon. We need to simplify our lives and I am trying! Two of our children have had medical appointments that have taken a lot of time and energy. It's so frustrating trying to figure out what may be causing problems with a child. I am so grateful we are in the military so I am not having any extra money come out of our pocket. Two EEG's in one month! Specialists...Prescriptions...Tests...

Have I shown this picture of this adorable girl in this dress? Probably but here it is again because she is so cute. My children are growing so fast. I keep thinking of the song What's Up? By 4 Non Blonds. Trying to get up that great big hill of hope for a destination. Always climbling and striving and enduring and working so hard. Being a mom is tiring.
I've had some sales on Etsy which is super cool. There is a direct correlation between how often you post items and how many sales you receive. I posted a bunch and had 3 sales in one week! Two of the sales were monogrammed pillowcases. This particular one was for 3 sets. She wanted white on white but white is as tricky as any color. My white thread next to these white pillow slips looked more like cream. Oh well! And I used a fill stitch rather than satin. At first I wasn't sure, but I like it!

Every time I embroider pillowcases I think "I should make these all the time! Everyone I know should have a set!" That's how I feel when I make tacos too. Why don't I make tacos more often? They are so yummy and easy and everyone loves them. I just don't think about it.


What's going on? Lots of sewing and family obligations. But I could get so much more done if I wasn't addicted to time management/startegy games on my iPod Touch. Build a Lot and Build a Lot2, Diner Dash, Cooking Dash, Sally's Spa... I have finished them all to the end. Sigh... Amelia just informed me from the Game Informer magazine from Game Stop, that there will be a new Professor Layton game for the Nintendo DS. Lee teased me a little yesterday. "Remember when you were so against video games and thought they were so awful?" Well, they are so awful because they suck me in and I get nothing done! My brain turns to mush and I get a headache.
Here's one of the coolest things to happen to my hobby/business in a long time. I bought the embroidery editing software I have coveted for years. The new Viking 5D software came out and I was interested. One dealer told me not to bother with 4D, that I should keep up on the latest greatest. Another dealer told me not to bother with Viking software, that the Baby Lock software was better.
Well, when I was able to buy this for half the regular price and considering I had never owned any editing software in the past, how could I go wrong?
It was very easy to figure out the basics and I edited some beautiful embroidery designs for my niece's blessing dress and digitized cool art for some items for Henry. How did I live my life with an embroidery machine without editing software?! I had QuickFont and could do quite a bit with that, but this has changed my life! I will be doing a lot more embroidery from now on.
And that's just some of what has been going on.

No comments: