My cousin Juanita has been in our family since we were in high school. She was born in Guatemala in a tiny village in the mountains. Illness caused her to be blind and she was brought to the U.S. as a young girl. After many foster homes she ended up living with my aunt's family. So she is my cousin. She graduated from college with her teaching degree, married a great guy and now has 3 children. She is shorter than me which is totally cool because few adults are. Juanita has come to visit me with her family several times. I've seen her in Hawaii (where her husband's family is from) and here in Washington and she is so much fun.Her oldest child is Rosa Feliz. She is such a sweet girl who turned 8 and was ready to be baptized. I just thought beautiful Rosa needed a beautiful dress. So I created this dress for her. As pretty as it was on the hanger, the pictures of Rosa in her dress were even lovelier.
The bodice was round but I sort of gave it a round square. The hem is all scallopped with white tulle peeking out. Rosa loves princess dresses so I had to make it poufy.
Juanita said that in church she kept touching Rosa's dress because it was so beautiful. I'm so glad she loved it. Rosa felt special and beautiful on her special day and Juanita was able to enjoy how she looked, too. I couldn't have been happier with a dress.
No comments:
Post a Comment