Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Where Am I and What Am I Doing?

I am busy! I have lots of cute pics and things to blog about and I miss blogging so much.
You know what has gotten in the way? Facebook! Ugh! It is alot of fun but I have been getting my net fix there. And it is easy to upload pics on my Blackberrry to Facebook so any friends and family get instant love!

We bought a house. It's brand new and lovely and I am so in love with it. However it had no yard, no screens and every wall was painted in white flat primer. So as I write this my sweet husband and kind younger brother are painting away. We have 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and the dining room done. Oh and the blue room of course! That only leaves the kitchen, 1 bedroom, 1 bath, the laundry room, the front room and 3 halls left to do! Alot of work. That's when you learn how large your house really is. You start painting every wall!

We have spent lots of time with family since they are only 2 1/2 hrs away. The kids are all in school and have field trips and activities and all that. I love that the bus takes them now! No more going all the way to the school. I don't care if the busdriver sees me in my sweats anyway!

I have a big new kitchen and have started cooking alot more. Part of this is because we are out in the country now so it's not as fast and easy to run to a restaurant or fast food. My favorite thing is that 5 minute artisan bread you don't have to knead. I will have to put a link on here. I eat homemade pizza almost everyday from that crust! Yum!

We're also trying to stay warm and will have our wood stove installed next week! We have come a long way. We lived on post for almost 12 years. Now we have our own well, septic and now a woodstove! It is strange but all feels very good. And it will feel REALLY good to be warm all the time.

I have stated sewing again. Depression is a sneaky evil acquaintance of mine and I haven't wanted to get out of bed some days, let alone sew something. But thanks to patient, kind friends and family, I have recently completed a diaper bag, a baptism dress and 4 Halloween costumes!

In our new ward here, there are many women who love to sew and cook as well. Our little town also has a totally rad fabric store where I have tried to control myself. When I get to JoAnns that is harder. I go nuts for notions and ribbon and all that.

Today I cleaned the blue room and embroidered for a blanket, hooded towel and school bags for my big girls. I have been promising bags for months but I am so slow lately.

This is the time of year I would be getting ready for craft fairs. I did that the last 3 Christmases and did Sunshine Generation performances the 5 years before that. This year I will have my husband home (after missing him the last 2) and will also be with my extended family. I feel so blessed and relaxed thinking of that.

So why is there a picture of a cute little boy in this post? Because he's so cute! And he makes me happy so I hope you are all happy today. My new normal is getting more and more normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you Angie! I wish we didn't have to work today so we could come help paint!