Friday, October 2, 2009

Tim Gunn is my Boyfriend


I've been a fan of Project Runway for awhile. It started out that I loved watching people sew and design. The man who mentors and critiques the designers, Tim Gunn, really makes the show. I love Heidi Klum, too. She's great, but Tim's the reason to watch the show. He's just so nice and real. I first thought he was so pretentious he couldn't be real. But he is hilarious and so cool.

So I checked out his book about style from the library but figured it would be more about fashion. Oh, man! It is an awesome book. I would like to buy it for all my lady friends. But I can't afford that so buy it yourself or borrow it from the library.

I like that his "Make It Work" philosophy applies to the wardrobe we own and the body we possess. He talks about having a signature style that makes you feel great even if it's not trendy and simple things like posture and walking correctly in your shoes.

If you're feeling dumpy and chubby and you don't like your clothes, read Tim Gunn's book. He is so cute and bound to make you feel a bit better about yourself.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi - I just wanted to let you know I came across your site as I was doing a search on BDU purses. Then, your posts started to intrigue me. DH used to be active duty Navy and we were stationed at Pearl Harbor. I love Hawaii as well and everything about the Aloha spirit. I just got back from vacation to Oahu a couple weeks ago, stayed at the Hale Koa.
Nicole

Chantell said...

Hey Angie!!!
Oh my goodness I remember that blue room, you made so many adorable things in that room! It was so much fun that night helping you get ready for you first craft fair, I hope you've been able to find your niche there and are marketing your beautiful items..your really so talented! It made me so sad reading you Aloha Oe post, I feel bad I was gone the week you left. I don’t know if you know but we just moved to DC we have been here barely a month, I totally understand the sadness you must have felt that Sunday I completely broke down despite my best efforts to put on a strong face. Anyway I don’t know what your new email address is (guessing it is not the Hawaii.rr one) so anyway email me (same address if you have it the bcp one) and I can send you an invite to my blog ... and we can keep up. I really hope all is well and working out for you guys, keep in touch
Much love and ALOHA,
Chantell