Saturday, September 5, 2009

Blue Room Revisited

So I moved and have a new Blue Room. When I was moving and packing up this room (We had packers but I packed up a lot of stuff because I didn't want everything dumped in a huge box and have to organize it later. Smart. I put everything in ziplocs and it was still a pain but not as big.) I cried. I bawled as I packed up this room. I have spent so many hours in this room. The only room in the house that I painted by myself (Lee may have helped a little) I sewed the curtains. I sat on the floor with Chantell helping me tag items for my first AMK Stitches craft fair. I had many acquaintances enter to choose fabric. I sat at that ironing board sweating as I pressed and pressed. My children made many love notes for me and brought them to me as I sewed. I tried to give Ashley a sewing lesson. I sewed my finger straight through. I chatted on the phone. I drank too many diet Cokes to count. This room was all about happiness. It brought me comfort when I needed it.

I like to look at pictures of sewing rooms to get ideas, so if you are visiting for that I shall explain a few things above. I have those shelves above the sewing table with a clip on twisty neck light. I love that. I could aim it at the iron to give me more light, too. The iron was to my right and the only good thing about the horrible floors in that house is that my rolling chair could roll on them. I have thread racks to the right also.
Oh there they are! And above the board is the peg board! I hang lots of stuff on that. My favorite hanging things are my presser feet which I keep in packages and pretend I have my own store. The day I took these pictures it wasn't very tidy in there. I notice alot of things aren't even on the peg board, like my scissors. Oh well.

Aaahh..Above you see the corner. I have really cute sewing themed pictures on the walls and art my children make. It gets even messier than this when I am in the midst of a project. On the bottom shelf is where I keep all the sewing books and magazines. See my cute "Dressmaking" sign? I bought that from Connie of TD Wives. She makes adorable signs which are stencilled, not vinyl lettering.
I really like boxes and collect them. There are a lot on these shelves but I hope to display them better in my new room.

Hmm...I thought I had another picture of the other side of the room with my bulletin board, cutting table, TV and all that. You will have to look at my previous blog post about that.
And how is the new blue room, you may be wondering? Well, the paint is perfect! (3rd time is the charm!) I have more room and more light and I decided to share the room with the family computer desk. I didn't want that in the front room anymore.
When I unpacked my supples, fabric and notions I became emotional again. I really felt like I am home again. I love our new house and my new room. I used to look out at Hawaiian trees and now I look at Northwest trees and lots of rocks. But I am as inspired and am excited to share the things I have been sewing in there already and will post pictures of my new room soon. And in case you were thinking it, I do know I am very lucky to have a place of my own to sew.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so cute and looks like you love it. Nothing like your room in Hawaii. I will never forget staying in that room. I loved hearing the men run at 6am!! haha. Hope things are good and that you are doing ok. Love ya.