Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Where've I been?

I haven't blogged for months! Has anyone noticed? I have been so busy! The greatest part of my busy-ness (That seemed better than business. I don't know. It's been too long since I wrote.) is that Lee came home from Iraq on February 21. He was there just short of 15 months, and even though he has been home for over 2 months, I am still in shock and awe that he is home. It is wonderful! I will try to post pics on here. Facebook friends have seen our welcome home pics which included outfits I made for the kids. They looked so cute! (Just like their daddy!)

Henry started preschool in February also, and that was life changing for me. The picture above is him with his teacher at a district special needs preschool fun day. He really likes his teacher and his class and is doing so well. He is speaking so much more and learning new things. Alot of his new things are things he is figuring out on his own, like READING! He is fixated with the alphabet so reading is coming naturally to him. Does he understand it? Probably not. We have many challenges with Henry, but we have come so far. It was very sad to say goodbye to his Early Intervention teachers, therapists and trainers. We feel so blessed to have worked with them and felt their love and learned so much.
I just wanted to share Zip Tie Art, courtesy of Miss Lydia who is 5 now. She makes amazing things with zipties and this piece is a crying girl, See the tears and her hands off to the sides? I am so proud of this artist. Here she is lying on our dirty lanai, still in her pajamas at lunchtime.




We went camping over spring break at Bellows and I had so much fun lying in the tent reading sewing magazines. (it was really cold and windy) The latest issue of Coth Paper Scissors Studios was inspiring and I couldn't put it down. It made me want to run home and reorganize, purge and clean my sewing room and closets. The girls picked me bouquets of wild flowers on the beach. They were so pretty I wanted to take pictures since I knew they wouldn't last long.



So what is next for me? I have been sewing like crazy, and this week trying to do it one handed since I burned myself badly on a pan. Medicine and prayers are healing me quickly and I am so grateful. See? I can even type!
I have sewn tons since I posted last and have so much to show you all. Bags, babies, tons of cool stuff! Hickam craft fair this weekend and I am so excited!




4 comments:

Jen said...

It is so good to have you back in the blogging world!!! I will have to check out your fb pictures. We will be back in September - hope to see you guys then!!!

Sasaki Bags said...

I figured Lee must be home and you were just enjoying your family. I love your blog though so keep writing, girl. Glad you have had time to sew with so much else going on. When is the mainland move? Hate to even mention it!
Aloha
Barb Sasaki

The Metcalf Five said...

Knew you were busy with life returning to "normal" now that your husband was home. I did miss reading how you were doing though. That is great news about Henry! I wish that all the early intervention that they have now was available to me when Connor was little. It would have gone a long way in making some of the things we go through now much easier.

Anonymous said...

Its good to have you back in blog land, even though I follow you on Facebook, too. We're super hyped to have you guys up here soon