Friday, February 13, 2009

It's almost over

Above is my husband leaving to go back to Iraq after 2 weeks of R&R last March.
Below is my husband leaving for Iraq in December 2007. Yes, he is STILL there.
But we are close to the end of this 15 month deployment. My mind is full of so many things. The biggest thing is "I can't believe it's almost over." It doesn't seem like he will ever come home. I will put more on here, perhaps as the day approaches, but definitely after the big day when he comes home.
Lee, I love you and I miss you and I am counting the days!
(Did you notice Cowboy Hat Man in the background behind Lee? I never saw him there before! Is that a tourist or what?)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, WHEN?

Jen said...

Yay!!! I am soooooo excited for you!!! I know that it was a looooong tour for you all...take care! Miss you!

Lopez7 said...

I am so happy for you guys! We are now over 300 days so just a 150 to go! When will you guys be moving to WA?

Traci said...

I'll be thinking of you all! Have a good day tomorrow and tell Lydia and Henry Happy B-day on Monday! Miss you guys!

Our Ohana said...

I'm so excited for you and your kids!!! Hope the days go by reaaally fast for you so you can be happy with your man home. You are such a strong woman. Call me if you need any help this week!
- Sara xx

Ashley said...

Not sure what to write, but I can sure think of what NOT to write!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I am excited for you and the kiddos and Lee!

The Metcalf Five said...

Yay for the Kenningtons!! I am so happy for you. I am at the beginning of where you are now. It royally sucks this time around. Why is it so much harder the 3rd time around? oh well. Enjoy the reuniting!!!

Lady Bartlett said...

Any message I leave, just could not ring true unless I say, "Remember to wax" (wink wink) Seriously, the only people/women who understand that the short wait is really the longest wait are us military wives/mommies. Woman you will be in my prayers. I will pray that "tomorrow" will come just as fast as it possibly can. Lots of love to you and family. Jenn

Kathi said...

oh angie, i'm so happy for you!