Here is day 1 of Paris. I found an apartment just a couple blocks from Notre Dame cathedral in the 4th Arondissement. Perfect location other than the fact that we were driving 2 vehicles into the heart of the city. I was FREAKED out. I insisted everyone in the van be very quiet and I prayed hard and I kept reminding myself that I have delivered my own child and have driven in Ireland. How bad could it be? It was very scary; I won't lie.
The apartment was adorable. It was across the street from a very happy bar. They don't call it "Gay Paris" for nothing! No biggie. We were the second set of windows you see. It was an older building with lots of character. It was charming and comfortable.
Purple walls, and furniture!
I love the book sellers along the Seine and wish I could read French well.
Beautiful girl on our way to Notre Dame.
Above is Notre Dame and below is the Hotel de Ville or City Hall.
Lee carried this sweet baby all over Paris. What a good daddy!
If you look closely, there is a woman in a blue robe at front. She was singing a beautiful solo which I recorded.
As we were enjoying the interior of Notre Dame, a priest came forward and lit incense and then the most beautiful singing began. It was heavenly! What a treat!
I cant get this to play right.
Very beautiful days with lots of SUN!
Above is Sainte Chappelle. I was disappointed that it was closed, so I will have to go back to see the stained glass.
Da boyz!
UPDATE: This is the church of Saint Merry.
Dinner outside in a lovely square. The sun went down so the skinny children started getting cold.
Pizza and pasta!
Beautiful Seine river
Sidewalk painters and entertainers near our dining square.
Now what do we have here? We came across a visitor's center for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Through this walkway was the entrance to where a ward meets and the institute classroom.
Strolling through the streets
We stopped in the park called the Square of the Tower of Saint Jacques.
These pictures became totally out of order.
Enjoying the streets of Paris
Jay and Tamra and that darling baby boy
























No comments:
Post a Comment