So after not blogging for over 3 years, I'm back. In that time, I stopped my sewing business, restarted college, had another baby and moved to Europe.
For 2 months in the summer of 2014, I sold our sweet home, packed us up and shuttled kids around Western Washington for activities while Lee got things settled in Belgium. It was a very busy, exciting, fun and difficult couple months. I stayed with my parents, my good friend, Daria and the girls stayed with their friends, Sam and Emily. We're so grateful for the love and hospitality of everyone. My heart deeply hurts when I think of how much I miss everyone.
We miss Yelm and our Washington friends and all our family. I miss seeing Mt Rainier. I miss a lot of things. There were many tears shed. We were so happy living there for 5 years.
So the journey began. Non-stop Seattle to Amsterdam! 8-9 hrs? I cant remember. It was a loooong flight.
When we landed, I couldn't get the baby car seat unlatched, then we had to walk to the other side of the airport, through customs and security where Charlotte had a lot of hair products that weren't allowed. It took forever, with 2 kids crying the whole way (the infant wasn't one of them) We only had one hour from landing until the next flight. Stupid.
So we missed our flight to Amsterdam. And there was no room on the next flight. So we were in Sciphol airport for 9 hrs!
Jet lag set in. I didn't sleep much on the plane and the kids were having too much fun watching movies.
Finally made it on the flight to Brussels!
Almost HOME!
We arrived in Brussels but not all our luggage did. 10 out of 12 bags were missing. I set the kids on one side of the baggage claim area and went to the desk to file my claim. The line was huge! There must have been 30-40 people ahead of me and just as many behind me. I was almost crying. I was so tired and I thought how am I to stand in this line in this strange airport with my kids out of my sight? I started to pray and within seconds, the line moved forward several feet! It was a miracle. I kept praying and asked "Please help this line to move, not for me, but for my poor little kids who just want to go home." About a minute later an announcement in a foreign language caused excitement to most of the passengers around me. I asked a woman standing in front of me "Do you speak English? What did they say?" "They said more luggage was just put out at another carousel for a certain flight"
MIRACLE! People scattered and suddenly there were only 2 people ahead of me in line! I was able to file claim (after being taken through the room of lost luggage which was creepy) They didn't find our luggage.
The greatest sight ever was seeing my sweet handsome Lee. The last 24 hrs felt longer than the 2 months since we had been together.
Family together in our minivan.
We arrived on a Saturday night with no church clothes for Lydia, no church shoes for me. So Lydia is wearing my shirt and Amelia's belt.
Our first glimpses of Belgium. This is the town of Soignies.
We were so tired, but so happy to be together again as a family and start our new adventures. The household goods were delivered on Monday except for our headboard. Our luggage and the headboard was delivered on Tuesday night, our wedding anniversary. Nice Anniversary gift.










No comments:
Post a Comment