Thursday, November 4, 2010

I will sew here and there. I will sew anywhere!

Love, love, love Dr Seuss! Who doesn't really? There is so much joy in his books, stories and illustrations. I grew up with his books and have several favorites. Want to hear and see something really cute? My 4 year old, Henry, reading Green Eggs and Ham. So adorable!

Well, there is new Dr Seuss fabric out now! I believe it's made by Alexander Henry. It's wonderful fabric to work with.

A friend and often returning customer has a good friend having twins! How fun! Courtney asked for Thing 1 and Thing 2 onesies and chose this fabric for the baby bundles. Oh these are so cute! I wish my photographs were better! (I could complain more about my photos but I will save those woes for another day.)

This dot is called jelly bean and it comes in a few different color combos which I hope to use again with other projects. This stripe includes Horton, The Cat, Sam I Am and, of course, those rascals Thing 1 and Thing 2!

A few years back I made baby bundles for twins featuring Girl 1 and Girl 2 onesies. You can check them out on my Flickr page under bundles. I loved those bundles, but this one takes it!

Bibs and burpcloths are backed in white wavy chenille and double topstitched in red.
I was able to digitize this perfect font perfectly for the onesies. It is almost exactly like the font in the books! I love my embroidery software!
I'm also very inspired by this fabric. I'm thinking an apron for a school teacher to wear for Dr Seuss' birthday! Or pillowcases for a special little (or big!) friend! Or a complete nursery set!


2 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute title! And super cute bundles! I love the Dr. Seuss fabric- so fun!

Anonymous said...

I was just admiring this fabric this morning!