The one below is the same print in a peachy color but it is a different pattern. I nixed this size after making one. It is $10 less than the others because it is made with 4 panels and poles instead of 5. It is a little smaller than the others. Wider footprint but shorter inside.
Below my model is in a yoga pose, she said. This solid blue is a microfiber. I really liked it when I bought it but after sewing all the fun prints, I was bored with this one. Now I am back to liking it again. I tried to choose fabrics that would not only appeal to different buyer's tastes and be sturdy and easy to care for, but would coordinate in people's homes and not scream "I have kids! See my Sponge Bob tent!"(or Dora or Princess or Cars or...) This one is simple and fine for boys and girls. It would look super personalized with a name or embroidered picture above the door.
Speaking of my shoot: It was raining for a couple days and I couldn't get outside to shoot the pics I wanted. I made instruction cards for each teepee with a picture of it set up so customer's would have an idea without taking it all out (we did have some on display, too) It was alot of work developing these but I couldn't be happier! Thanks Maidy for helping me set them all up. And thanks cute models!
I could have sold 10 of these if I had the fabric. Another closeout and I bought all they had. This one was my all time favorite and alot of other people's as well. The colors are beautiful and rich. I have tried searching for this fabric but I guess when they say discontinued they really mean it. Oh well! It is super expensive too, so I wouldn't have bought it if it was regular price anyway.
Before making all of these, I worked on my prototype and tested on many children. I have taken it to other's homes to see how it sets up quickly and get kid reviews. I have 4 of my own and they all loved them. And all 4 can fit in it! The 4 year old slept in it the first night. The 2 year old loves it because it is enclosed and dark and he has played in it with his therapist. It gets rave reviews from the teachers and therapists who saw it at the fair and who come to the house and is great for special needs children . And my big girls (11 and almost 9) love it just as much. Pillows and flash light complete it. The buttons help you keep it opened or closed. A nice fort to poke your head out when watching TV. Ok, I'll stop gushing about them.
They are pretty cool though.
8 comments:
Those are sooooooooooooooooo cool! Are they going to be available in your Etsy shop, or are they too cumbersome to ship? I want one! For the kids, yes, for the kids. *grin*
Hi there! I just checked out your blog - haven't been to your Etsy store yet though - and you do an AWESOME job girl! Will you please tell Amelia "Hi!" from her old primary teacher!
Hi Angie, I love your Teepees, Ernie and I seen some last year t a childrens shop out here in TX and they wanted almost 200 for them. Ernie asked me If I could sew one for the kids.I just never got around to it.
How are you all doing? Fine i hope. Much Aloha, Lani
Pat yourself on the back Angie! I hope being at the fair was as fun as you anticipated it to be! Talk to you soon!
Oh so cute! LOVE IT!!! I remember my mom made us one very similar to that when we were kids and we had hours of fun in it. I will have to order one sometime, I know the boys would love it!
Great idea :)
Chantell
Angie,
I sent you an email a couple of weeks ago, but I am not sure if you received it. I wish we could have gotten together while you were in WA. Hopefuly we will be seeing a lot of each other this summer!
Kori
Do you know where I can get one of these? I love it and would like to get one for my son.
You can contact me at lauraleeharris@gmail.com
I just found this blog. I'm looking for some TeePees for my girls for christmas. I was wondering if you made these for others and how much you charge. If you wouldn't mind letting me know at
jocelynmcclellan@me.com I'd love it. Thanks
Post a Comment